Thirty Five: Cheer Up, Amaya

(After school)

I pretty much avoided Amao for the rest of the day. I mean, how are you supposed to talk to him after that event. I don't wanna make things awkward than they already are.

Like yesterday, Ayano stayed for the Martial Arts Club and Yan-kun was working out in the gym. I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do. I didn't feel like going to the Drama Club fro some dance lessons.

I aimlessly walked around the halls until I noticed the Occult Club door wide open, and no one was in there. That's strange. Who would leave the doors wide open like that? I walked inside the room and stared at the skull.

I was really curious to what I had to do in order to gain the Lust Demon's powers. "Are you curious about the paranormal, Amaya?"

I gasped as a pair of arms were wrapped around me. "O-Oko?" I stuttered as I was startled by his appearance. "I've been keeping my eye on you, Amaya Aishi. And I have to say, I'm quite jealous of what happened in the Cooking Club between you and Amao." He said.

"Say what?" I asked. He was watching me? "I wanted to kiss you, but that Odayaka guy made the first move on you." Oko said, sounding a bit angry. I felt his grip on me tighten a little. "Oko... You're hurting me." I said.

"I don't want anyone else kissing you, let alone touching you. I want you all to myself." He said. "Uh... what?" I said. Oko turned me around so I was facing him and gently grasped my hand, holding it up to his cheek.

"I... really like you, Amaya... and I want to be the only one... who keeps you safe." Oko said. Before I could say anything, Oko kissed me while his arm wrapped around my waist. Oh, man! Not again!

I quickly got out of his hold and ran out the room. I continued to run until I was out of sight. "How does it feel?"

I quickly turned around to see who said that, but no one was there. "Hello? Is someone there?" I called, quietly. "You must really love the attention you're receiving."

I turned around again, but I didn't see anyone. "Does it feel good? To have those boys fawning over you like that? They really like you, Amaya Aishi."

My eyes widened as I finally recognized the voice. "The Lust Demon..." I whispered. "Ara, ara... You've finally figure it out. So, tell me? Do you like the attention?" She asked.

"No... Not really. I don't know. I'm not used to have attention from my siblings' rivals' brothers. Why are they acting this way? Did you cast some sort of spell on them?" I asked. "Of course not. Why would I have any need to cast a spell on them?" The Lust Demon asked.

I didn't answer as I stared off into space. "Would you like to know a little secret, Amaya Aishi?" She asked. "Do I really have a choice?" I replied. I could feel her smirking as I felt her presence. I could've swore I felt her hands on my shoulders from behind me.

"The reason why those boys are acting that way is because they really like you. So much that they want you all to themselves." She said, still smirking. "They shouldn't like someone like me. I'm nothing..." I said.

Why would they like someone like me? I'm emotionless, boring, and have no feelings for others except for my siblings. I'm basically a doll with no emotions.

"Oh, my little human... You're not nothing. You're special... very special. Pretty soon, you're siblings won't need you anymore." The Lust Demon said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you really think they need you? They're after the one boy that makes them feel something."

"So? What's your point?"

"They don't want you. You are just a thorn in their side. Sooner or later... they'll get rid of you. Just one slice to the throat..." I felt her long, sharp nail gently trace itself along my neck. "And you're history." She said.

"Shut up!"

I ran outside just to get away from her. Once I was near the Sakura Tree, I stopped running. "Is it true? Will Ayano and Yan-kun get rid of me? Do they not need me? Am I just a thorn in their side?" I said to myself.

No, they wouldn't think that? They don't think that? But what if it's true? What if they're really plotting to get rid of me? "Hi, Amaya! Fancy meeting you here!" Hanakõ greeted as he was walking up the hill. I turned around so I was facing him.

"Hey, Hanakõ. What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well, I saw you run out of the school, so I got a little worried." He said. "Oh... Well, you don't have to worry. I was just..." I trailed off as I thought about what the Lust Demon said.

Fearing that my siblings would find a way to get rid of me, tears began to gather in my eyes. "A-Amaya?! What's the matter?! What's wrong?" Hanakõ asked as he saw my tears trailing down my face. I fell on my knees as I began to cry.

"A-Amaya! Hey, it's okay! There's no need to cy! What's the matter?" Hanakõ said, a little panicked. "My siblings... What if they don't need me anymore? What if they want to get rid of me?" I asked as I wiped my eyes. But every time I did, fresh tears would fall down my cheeks.

"That's crazy talk! Of course they need you! You're their sister!" He said. "But what if... they throw me away like trash? I'm nothing to them... I'm useless...!"

"Don't say that about yourself!"

Hanakõ quickly grabbed me and hugged me. "You are not nothing! You're the greatest person on earth! You're siblings are lucky to have you! You mean everything to them!" He said. My eyes widened slightly at his words.

"You really... think so?" I asked. "I know so! You're the best, Amaya!" Hanakõ said. I was starting to feel a little better due to Hanakõ's words. I need to forget about what the Lust Demon said. She was just trying to get inside my head and mess with me.

There's no way Ayano and Yan-kun would want to get rid of me. "Thank you, Hanakõ. I feel a lot better now." I said as I hugged him back.

"Thanks for the talk."

"Happy to help, Amaya." Hanakõ replied with a smile.