Thirty Seven: Comfort

Ayano and Yan-kun were rushed to the hospital after an ambulance was called. I waited in waiting room, worried and anxious to know what their condition was. "This is all my fault. If I had just stayed with them, none of this would've happen." I said to myself.

"Amaya Aishi." The doctor called my name and I stood to my feet. "How are they? Are they okay? What's their condition?" I asked. "Well... This is a little hard for me to say. Amaya... Your siblings are comatose." He said.

I gasped as my hands went over my mouth, tears quickly filling my eyes. "I'm very sorry, Amaya." The doctor apologized as he placed his hand over my shoulder. "May I see them?" I asked. "Of course."

The doctor lead me to the hospital room my siblings were staying in. "I'll leave you alone with them." He said before leaving room. Tears gathered in my eyes again as I walked over to them. "I'm so sorry, Ayano... Yan-kun. It's my fault why this happened." I said.

I placed my hand over Ayano's and kissed my brother's head. "I'm sorry..." I whispered as the tears ran down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry... Please don't die... Don't leave me... I don't want to be alone..." I whispered.

My whole life, I've depended on my siblings. It's always been the three of us against the world. Like the three musketeers. Not once, have we been separated from each other except for our classes, but you guys know what I mean.

Ayano and Yan-kun were always there for me. I don't know how I'm going to get through life without them.

The rest of the day, I stayed by my siblings' side, waiting and wanting them to wake up. But who knows how long it'll be until they awake from their coma. "Miss Aishi?" I looked at the nurse as she walked in the room. "Visiting hours ends in ten minutes." She informed.

"Okay. Thank you." I replied. She smiled and left the room. "See you tomorrow, guys." I said. I kissed their heads, then left the hospital. Instead of going home, I went to the park. I sat on a bench and watched as the sun was about to set. 

"Amaya," I turned my head as Mido Rana came walking over to me. "It's getting pretty late. What are you doing out here?" He asked. "Just killing time." I answered. "You sound a little upset. Are you feeling okay?" Mido questioned as he sat down next to me.  

"No," I shook my head. "My siblings are in the hospital. They got into a fight with the delinquents and because of me... They're in a coma." I said. I pressed my hands to my face as I felt myself about tot cry.

"Oh, Amaya. I'm so sorry." He said as he hugged me. I cried into his chest while the sentence in my head kept repeating, "It's all my fault."

"It's all my fault." I said out loud. "If I haven't provoked those delinquents, I wouldn't have gotten my siblings in a coma. If I wasn't born, they'd be happy and wouldn't get any more trouble from me."

"Oh, sweetheart. Don't say that." Mido said as he lifted my chin to look at him. "Why shouldn't I? They'd be better off without me." I told him. "No, they won't. You're their baby sister. Without you, they'd be sad and devastated." He said.

I sniffed and he wiped a tear away with his thumb. "But... when they wake up, they won't forgive me for putting them in a coma. They'll be angry at me and never talk to me again." I said. "Don't think that. I'm sure when they wake up, they'll be relieved to see that you're okay." Mido replied.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

I gave a small smile and wiped my eyes. "Thank you, Mr. Rana." I said. He smiled back at me and gently pecked my lips, making me blush. "I'm glad I was able to make you smile this evening, Amaya." He said.

He kissed my cheek, then stood up, flinging his jacket over his shoulder. "Have a nice evening, Amaya. I look forward to seeing you in class tomorrow." Mido said. He winked at me before walking away.

I blinked before leaning back on the bench. "Ayano... Yan-kun... Please wake up soon..." I whispered while looking up at the starry sky.