Forty Six: Bounded By The Red String of Fate

Amaya's POV

I spent the afternoon with Aso as he kept me company. I was still cutting, but only a little. I've cut my arms and my ankle. Why my ankle? Well, I was aiming to cut my leg, but when Aso went to grab the knife from me, it dropped out of my hands and it cut my ankle.

Right now, I sat on the couch with him as we watched TV. I leaned my head on his shoulder, but instead of focusing on the program, I was thinking about Nemesis-kun. What do I have to do to see him again? How do I see him again?

As it was getting late, Aso's phone rang. "Hello?" He answered. "I'm with Amaya. Huh? Right now? But... Ugh... All right, all right..." He hung up his phone. "That was my aunt. I've gotta go. But I don't feel comfortable leaving you here by yourself." Aso said.

"I'll be fine. I promise. I won't cut."

"Hmm... You swear? Look me in the eye and tell me that you swear you won't cut."

I faced him and looked at him in the eye. "I swear I won't cut." I said, seriously. "Good. Thank you," Aso kissed my forehead and got off the couch. "You have my number. If you need anything, you can always call me, okay?" He said.

"Mm-hm." I nodded my head and he smiled before leaving the house.

As the clocked ticked by, I did everything I could in order to avoid cutting myself. I listened to music, I played videogames, and I even baked some cookies. I did all the things to distract myself, but I still had the urge to cut, and I was still depressed.

"I guess I could take a walk." I mumbled to myself. I left the house and took a walk around the neighborhood. After that, I walked to the park. I sat on the bench and watched people walk by me as I listened to the sounds of nature.

The clouds rolled by and it began to rain. I blinked my eyes as a raindrop landed on my nose. But I didn't wanna go home. Not just yet. "Amaya Aishi." I glanced to my right as Megamo walked over to me.

"Megamo Saikou." I acknowledged. "What are you doing out here in the rain?" He asked. "Just enjoying the air." I answered, emotionlessly as I glanced back at the view in front of me.

"You'll catch a cold out here."

"So? It's not like I've been sick before."

"But you should still get home so that won't happen."

"I don't want to... I can't be in that house, knowing I'm all alone."

Megamo sat beside me. "Listen... about your siblings-"

"Please... Please don't bring them up right now." I interrupted him. I didn't want to start crying again. I think I've cried enough for one day. "I'm sorry." He apologized. We stayed quiet as it continued to rain. "Here," Megamo took off his jacket and draped it around me.

"It's to keep you warm." He said. "You don't need to do that." I said.

"I insist. Please, wear it."

I decided to take his request and leave the jacket on me. "Thanks." I mumbled, quietly. As I watched the rain, I fiddled with a red string I found on my uniform. Megamo took noticed and began to speak up. "Hey..." I glanced at him and blinked my eyes.

"Have you ever heard that tale... about the Red Sting of Fate?" He asked. "Of course I have. Yan-kun, Ayano, and I have listened to that fairytale when we were kids." I answered. "Do you believe in it?" Megamo asked.

I glanced at him again and looked down at the puddle in front of me. "I used to believe in it... and I guess I still do. They say, you and a certain someone are destined to meet, and once you two do meet, you're bounded by the red string of fate. You can walk the ends of the earth and the string will get caught in obstacles, but it will never break. It proves how strong your connection to that person is." I explained.

I took the string I was playing with and wrapped it around my pinkie, then did the same with Megamo's pinkie. "But it's old fairytale. However, something tells me that my siblings still believe in that, too." I said with a small smile.

I was trying to cheer myself up so I wouldn't burst into tears for maybe a third time today. "Maybe someday... we'll be bind by the red string of fate." Megamo said. I looked at him and gave a small smile. "Maybe." I agreed.

I looked at the sky as it stopped raining. "I'm gonna go home. Thanks for spending time with me today," I stood up from the bench and handed him back his jacket. "Have a nice evening." I said before walking back to the house.

Megamo's POV

As Amaya walked away, I noticed she left the red string wrapped around my pinkie finger. I smiled, then looked back at her.

"Someday... The red string of fate will bring us together. Just like you said, we could walk the ends of the earth with the string getting caught by many obstacles, and it still wouldn't break. Someday, our connection will be stronger." I said.

I have feelings for Amaya, but I can't be sure if she feels the same way about me. But it doesn't matter because I'll always have feelings for her, and I'm willing to do anything to make her happy.

Amaya's POV

When I got home, I heated up some pizza  for dinner, then took a long bath. After my bath, I got dressed for bed and watched some TV in my room. I prayed for Ayano and Yan-kun to wake up soon, then fell asleep.