Same old feeling

Chandler's POV:

So school's out now, high school is done forever and now it's summer. It was only two months until I was off to university with the same way as I always felt. Things may have been changing but I still had the same old feeling, in the same old neighborhood on the same old street, in the same old house. What was all that? That was the feeling that I had everyday. Jasmine...

Jasmine is the most beautiful girl I've ever met... seriously.  She moved across the street from me in eighth grade and we've been really close friends ever since then. Her mom is even friends with my parents.

We became close quickly. At age 13 I was willing to be friends with anyone my age being an only child. She's the only girl I'm close with. I've secretly had a huge crush on her ever since.  I've wanted her to know how I feel but I'm a  wimp out about it and I don't want her to think of me differently and ruin our friendship. Plus I know for a fact that she doesn't feel that way about me. I mean don't get me wrong, I value our friendship but my feelings toward her are much more than friendly. Although it kills me, I've learned to accept the fact that she'll never be my girlfriend.

She's a bit shorter than me with a nice body figure, tanned skin and has long brown hair that she usually wears in a half-up half-down style. She has the prettiest smile and brown eyes along with her attractive personality. Every guy at school wants to date her. No lie, when we'd walk down the halls together, they'd all stare at her and I'd want to punch them out cold. They especially stare at her chest and her ass (I'll admit they are nice) but toward any girl I'd never make it  obvious of my opinions about that especially not towards her. I'm not a dis-respective asshole like most guys our age.

Jasmine has a lot of friends

Jasmine has a lot of friends. A lot more than I do. I'm not saying I'm a shy looser with no friends I just only have a few Cody, Max and Marcus. I'm really only shy when it comes to girls. I never was with her until  recently.  My friends and her older brother Frankie who's also one of my friends know how I feel. Frankie is more mature about it than the others. They encourage me to go for her like it's so easy (also think she's hot). So it's a loose loose scenario yet again for me and I have to go through another summer of heart ache seeing her all the time knowing I can't have her. But I do love being with her if that makes any sense.

I picked up the spare key from under the door mat to my house after finishing my last S.A.T. Graduation was last Friday so it was officially summer which was quite relieving.

Just as I stood up I felt some latch onto my back and it scared the shit out of me. It was Jasmine. Her legs were hooked around my waist and her arms were around my neck like a choke hold.

"Christ Jas, you scared the shit out of me!" I spazed laughing at the same time. She let go of me laughing and flipped her long brown hair out of her way. She always looked good as hell.

"My God Chandler maybe you aren't as brave as I thought you were." She sassed.

"Yeah well I did think my life was about to end from an axe murder!" I laughed a little again

"Yeah well I did think my life was about to end from an axe murder!" I laughed a little again. I felt myself blush a little.

"Are you coming tonight?" she bent down to pick up the key I dropped from her surprise attack.

"Coming where?" I said as she passed it to me. "Your mom's coming for dinner I assumed you'd be  too."  Thanks to my mom for not telling me about these plans. "Yeah of course!" I said nonchalantly and with excitement. "Come in." I insisted. "

yeah did you wanna go out after dinner?" she said closing the door behind her. "I'd love to, the moms do get boring."

"Matthew Adam and Nikki can meet us." she said.

A shitty feeling started in my stomach as she said that while texting. "Oh, uh... sure." I said pretending to sound enthusiastic about it. She looked up from her phone and at me. I turned around pouring myself water from the pitcher.

 I turned around pouring myself water from the pitcher

"Chandler..."

"U huh,"

"Whats wrong?" she asked concerned but knowing exactly what was wrong.

"Nothing." I said falsely sounding okay.

"Chandler I know you, if you just want it to be us that's fine. I'm sorry I should have asked."

"It's okay." I turned back around shrugging but not making eye contact.

"I'd rather spend the night with you anyway." she got up from the stool giving me a playful hug which gave me butterflies. "yeah right." I said sarcastically. "Shut up Chandler!" she let go giving me a playful punch.

I could smell the nice scent she always wore which was either bubble gum or perfume but I could never tell which one it was.

"You know I love you, your'e my best friend."

Yikes... there it was again. She always hit me with that. The friend-zone.

I didn't even know how to respond so I faked a smile. "Plus my mom doesn't care where I'm going when I'm with you."

Her mom and brother Frankie always joked about me looking out for Jasmine. "Well I gotta clean before my mom gets home, wanna help?" she said sarcastically. "Pass." I smiled. "Whatever," she joked. "Bye Chandler."

"see ya!" I said leaning on the door frame watching her cross the street. She looked good doing anything. Her hair swayed as she walked in her high heels.  Usually I'd go with her but I just got hit in the friend-zone -feeling like punch in the stomach. Even though I was used to it, it hurt even more each time but I was just happy being in her presence.