"Gentleman"

Chandler's POV:

About a half an hour later Frankie and I came up from the basement to head to my house.

"Hey boys, Frankie you can see the sun?" Joan teased making me laugh a little. "I'll see it as we cross the street to Chandler's house." He said. "Add in a jog maybe." I teased as we were about to leave.

"Chandler," Jasmine said. "Yeah?" I turned to her immediately. God she was so beautiful.

"Zack's coming here for dinner tomorrow... did you want to join us?" she asked in a pleading tone. I didn't even know what to say. I wanted to go to support her but I didn't want to put myself through that and through the awkwardness. "Uh... yeah... sure." I nodded like it was no big deal. I spoke with out even thinking and I regretted it. But it's not like I would have said no. "Yay I'll see you then."

"Yeah see ya." I said as Frankie and walked out.

"Well at least you'll have me there." Frankie said reading my thoughts. "Yeah but it's gonna be awkward as hell."

"That's why i'm glad you're coming but honestly man you don't have to go it's just dinner."

"Yeah, with her new boyfriend. You're right I could have just lied and said that I wouldn't be able to make it but that looks weird and suspicious. Plus I'm a really bad liar. I'll go for her."

"Honestly one day man she's gonna want you."

"That'll be the day." I laughed a little. "No really. One day it'll hit her. She'll realize that the one for her has been right under her nose. One day she'll see you as more than a friend."

I didn't agree with Frankie but I did think about it for a moment. I fantasized about it all the time.

"you really think so?" I said hopefully but also in a bit of a monotone. "I don't see why it wouldn't happen." He said. "But wouldn't that ruin our friendship?"

"well, not all boys and girls are meant to be just friends forever. I think you two are one of those who are meant to be more than friends. She just doesn't see it yet."

What Frankie said made me think back to about two years ago when everyone thought that Jasmine and I were together. Some people still thought that.

The next evening I went over to their place for the dinner. I threw my jean jacket over my black shirt and headed over. Frankie let me in and Jasmine and Joan were already outside in the back yard patio.

"Oh, Chandler you look lovely." Joan said even though I was just wearing a normal outfit. "Thank you so do you." I said kindly.

"Thank you Chandler." Jasmine said walking over and hugging me. For a moment I was confused why she was thanking me then I got it. "Thanks for having me." I said as her cotton candy smell went up nose.

She let go of me when Zack rang the door bell. She left immediately to get it. A shitty feeling came across me. I looked at Frankie and he patted me on the shoulder as we both sat down next to each other. Joan went to the door to meet him. We heard their foot steps coming toward the back yard from inside the house and I was so tempted to crawl under the table or get away from this.

"Nice to see you again." He said going to shake Frankie's hand. I put out my hand expecting Zack to shake mine but instead he ignored me and I awkwardly sat there like an idiot with my hand out and I pretended to stretch it out. Frankie noticed.

 Frankie noticed