The Guy

Chandler's POV:

I followed Jasmine into Nikki's already feeling awkward before we even walked in. There was loud music playing and all I smelt was alcohol and I think maybe weed. Jasmine drinks but doesn't smoke. In fact she doesn't like being around people that do it.

"Hi!" her and Nikki shouted as I stood awkwardly behind Jasmine. She started talking to a few others. A few of them said hi to me. Jasmine and I decided to have a drink since we weren't driving. I tried to keep up with her but I didn't know anyone there. I felt like an I idiot and regretted changing my mind agreeing to go. I wanted to leave but I didn't want to leave her.

Through out the night we talked to a lot of people. I actually talked to some people too so it wasn't so bad but I still wanted to go home. We had been here for an hour and a half.

I noticed her talking to a guy that was flirting with her and it pissed me the fuck off. I didn't recognize him he didn't go to our school. He was a little bit taller than me which made Jasmine look even shorter. He had black hair and a jean jacket. He looked like he drove a motorcycle and I did not like this. I could tell even from a distance that she was flirting back but she did look a little tipsy.

They had been talking for almost ten minutes now so I thought I should intervene

As I was about to walk over I stopped:

My jealousy would be so obvious if I make her leave right now.
I thought.
No it wouldn't! Just tell her it's best to go now because there still was a 30 minute walk home.

God, I was such a wuss when it came to her. I looked at my watch and it was about 11:30.

Fuck it. I wanna get out of here.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and walked over to them as casually as I could. I could already feel the awkwardness coming. I cleared my throat breaking up their conversation.

"Chandler how's it going?" She said enthusiastically putting her arm and my neck

"Chandler how's it going?" She said enthusiastically putting her arm and my neck. "Uh great... ok just... we should get going it's late and we still gotta walk home remember?" I said awkwardly glancing from her to the guy. "Okay fine." She rolled her eyes but not rudely. "Chandler this is Zack, Zack this is my best friend Chandler."

There it was the friend zone again. I felt even shittier about this situation.

"I'll see you around." Zack said breaking a moment of awkward silence. "Good night." She smiled at him as we walked toward the door.

She wasn't wasted, she definitely was tipsy but wasn't fully sober. I knew because I've seen her wasted before.

"So... who's Zack?" I said as we started to walk home. "Nikki's friend from work." She smiled at the ground.

I wanted to go crawl in a closet and never come out. 

"Oh so you're his friend now?" I said hoping she'd use that word. "I don't know... Nikki introduced him and he's really nice. I'm kind of into him he asked me for my number." She said almost tripping over herself. "Oh that's... nice." I said hiding my jealousy.  "Yeah it was fucking great!" She squealed throwing her arms up closing her eyes.

"Jas, are you drunk?"
"No Chandler I am not drunk." She squinted at me then took another drink.

"I'm just happy is that okay, am I allowed to do that?""Yeah, I don't buy it you almost tripped back there

"Yeah, I don't buy it you almost tripped back there." I pointed behind me with my thumb. "Uh, it's fine why do you have to worry about every little thing."

Maybe, just maybe she was drunker than I thought and will just forget about Zach by tomorrow.

"You definitely would have collapsed if you were in your heels." I said with a smile. "Well lucky me tonight I'm not wearing them." She said batting her eyes wobbling.

I thought back to the look Zack gave me when we were leaving.  It was like he thought he knew how I felt about her, I don't know if I'm over thinking things because I'm in love with Jasmine but I got weird vibes that something might off with the guy.

"So back to... Zack... you just met him?"

"Yeah but he's so nice and I'm gonna call him tomorrow."

Yeah she's not gonna forget him.

"Why so many questions?" she teased. "Well just cause' you met him doesn't mean you know him."

"I appreciate you looking out for me Chandler you're right but I think he's okay."

We got to the house just after midnight. My parents weren't there any more and Frankie was surprisingly sleeping. "You'll be okay?" I said to her before leaving her house. "Yeah, thank you." She smiled trying to keep her eyes open. "Alright well, night Jasmine." I turned to leave. "Chandler... thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything."

"You're welcome." I said feeling myself blush. Good thing it was dark. "Good night." I nodded. "Night." she said before closing the door.

I crossed the street into my house with only one thing on my mind. Her.