CHAPTER THREE

Soft fingers weaved their way through my curls. I stiffened as they rubbed across my cheeks. "Are you awake, sweetheart?" I opened my eyes to see a bleach blonde boy with a kind smile. He seemed to be a few years older than I which was wierd. I was usually put with people my age when I was at the auction house.

      "Are you, alright?" I scrambled away and took a shaky breath. I looked around the small room and bit my lip. It was overly hot and extremely humid. Sweat rolled down my freckled cheeks as tears mixed with them.

       "My name's Micha. What's yours, lovely?" I frowned and pointed at myself, in question. The boy nodded and tapped the floor infront of him. I crawled foward slowly.

      "D-d-dunno..." My voice trailed off as the foriegn word rolled off my dry tongue.  Micha frowned and reached towards me. I flinched, but kept as still as possible. His soft hand wiped the tears and sweat from my left cheek.

      "Do you mind if I give you one?" I nodded eagerly. I always wanted something to go by besides the degrading names others throw at me. Micha smiled and hummed while he thought, well i think that's what he's doing. I'm not entirely sure.

      "Ah! I got it! Do you like Rayden?" I giggled and  nodded quickly. Micha smiled and opened his arms for a hug. I threw myself at him and repeated the name in my head. 'R-ray...R-rayden...' I like it! The older boy held me close as shouts began coming down the hall.

      "They're seperating us now." A sad sigh left his plump lips. I looked in his dull green eyes. "Be good little Ray. I hope to see you again." He pressed his lips to my forehead as our door was opened. A river of tears flowed from my wide eyes as we were pulled apart. I struggled against the man holding me as I tested Micha's name on my tongue.

      "M-mi-micha..." The name was whispered, but the boy I wanted to be with smiled sadly. He waved and walked in the opposite direction. I went still and let my gaurd pull me roughly. I could hear him yelling at me, but I made no move to acknowledge him. My heart was sinking as Micha went around the corner.

      Everything was a blur as I was lead to yet another room. This one much larger than the last. People my age loitered around the muggy room. Some crying. Some talking amangst others. And some just as numb as I am, doing nothing but staring into space.

      "Alright, sluts. Everyone is here so listen up. This isn't your normal auction today. Some very important people are out there so you better not fuck this up. This is also only for the supernatural beings, good luck." The man chuckled as gasps and sobs were heard from the room. I didn't care. I've been owned by many of the 'others'. They've been living out in the open for centuries now but being in the system my whole life, I could understand why the negative reactions. The 'others' seemed to be more violent and heartless. Take Master Willaim as an example. He's a vampire, one of the most sadistic creatures out there.