CHAPTER EIGHT

Zayne
I quickly placed my hand on the back of my angels head as he fell asleep. His body slumped against the side of the tub making me frown. I can't just leave him. He might slip.

I jump as a knock on the shut door startled me. I sighed in relief as Mal's and his mate's scents hit me. "Come in." Mal let out a chuckle as he saw my love asleep.

"Nice bath?" I growled as he winked. He knew I wouldn't do anything to the poor boy and it pissed me off that he joked about it.

"Easy, Z. I didn't mean anything bad." He held his hands up in surrender as Micha glared at him also. "I'm sorry."

"Will you hand me a towel. I don't want him catching a cold." Mal tossed me a large grey towel and I quickly wrapped Raydon up. He whimpered lightly but calmed down as I picked him up.

"He seems to be attached to you." Micha pushed my boy's hair out of his face and kissed his freckled cheek. "He needs a hair cut. We both do."

"I can cut your hair if you would like. I cut Mal's and my sister's from time to time." Micha nodded quickly making me smile. He was a sweet boy and seemed to be good for Mal. I'm glad he fount someone. I hope I can find my mate soon.

I looked at the bundle in my arms and smile. My angel was beautiful and I'll protect him for as long as I'm alive. I lead my best friend and his boy into my room and laid my sleeping boy down. He let out a soft whine and reached out clumsily.

"Shhh love. You're okay." He sighed in content as I stroked his cheek. "Mal will you get me one of my smaller shirts and some breifs please." I dried off Ray careful not to wake him amd dressed him.

"I'm not leaving him alone so you can sit on my desk chair while I grab my stuff." Micha was quick to sit down. He was excited it seemed. I quickly grabbed my things and started his hair. It wasn't too long and just needed a trim but I decided to shave the sides a little and leave the top a little longer. This look suited him.

"Perfect. You look amazing, baby." Micha's smile grew as he held the mirror and touched his newly cut hair.

"Thank you so much! I love it." Before I could answer I was interrupted by soft whimpers coming from the bed. I quickly rushed over and pulled my boy onto my lap. He was trembling and mumbling incoherently.

"Night terrors?" I nodded as I began to rock him. He settled down slightly but not by much.

"Skin to skin contact. He's grown attached to you so place your hands on his hip or face. Humming might also help." I was hesitant at first but as Rays cheeks began to flush with fresh tears I started humming. Micha helped pull my boys shirt up slightly and place my hand around his small hip.

"Perfect. He'll probably have these often since he was raised into slavery so don't leave him alone." I nodded in thanks as I laid back onto the bed. They left me alone to watch over the sleeping angel in peace.

"You're safe, my little love. I'll protect you forever." I smiled in relief as he went slack in my arms and let out soft snores.