CHAPTER FOUR

Zayne

I watched as the 'slaves' were lead onto stage. I hated that word. They weren't some toy to be tossed around. They were humans and others hybrids. They mattered just as much as everyone else did. I've been doing this for years. I'd buy a sub and nurse them back to health until they could live on their own. My bestfriend was doing the same actually, but we decided that we would get one from both age groups this year. We usually always buy from the younger group, but this time felt different.

I snapped back from my thoughts as the 'auctioneer' introduced the next one. This boy caught my attention immediantly. His pale skin was marred with scars and was malnourished. His brown curls hung across his forehead almost covering dull green eyes. He was beautiful, and the vampire inside of me decided he needed to protect this angel.

"20,000!" Heads snapped towards me and they began to whisper. I was very well known in this world. I owned many of the cities a few businesses here and there.

"20,000 going once, going twice... sold to Mr.Wilkerson!" I tossed the wad of cash at the man and waited until a gaurd led my angel to the hallway by the exit. I follwed close behind and took the paperwork to sign.

"The folder with all the information. There's not much. Good luck, Mr.Wilkerson." I nodded and looked through it breifly as he walked away. I frowned as nothing about him was here. He didn't have a name or a date of birth. He had nothing. His height and weight were listed and along with any allergies, but that was it. There were also a few notes from his previous masters. Some that infrutiated me and others that were informing.

"Can you walk, angel?" A soft nod was the only answer i recieved, but from the speech problem that i read, kept from asking for him to speak verbully. We walked to my limo and I smiled at my butler. Miller had a soft blanket in his arms that he quickly wrapped around the boy behind me. My angel stiffened but relaxed into the softness.

Miller opened my door and I climbed in. The boy climed in shortly after and kneeled onto the floor, by my feet. I waited until the door closed before speaking. "Please sit next to me. It isn't safe on the floor."
RAYDEN
I quickly sat next to my new master and kept my head down. A soft finger lifted my chin, turning my head towards them. "Look at me, angel." I looked up at the man infront of me. I would be lying if I said he wasn't a beautiful man. His long carmel hair was pulled into a messy bun. He had a a tattoo of a small heart on his left cheek bone. His eyelashes were long and circled around piercing grey eyes. My master was tall but had a slim body. He didn't seem the type to be a dominant but looks can be decieving.

"Do you have a name?" I nodded and smiled for the first time since Micha was lead away. "What is it, sweatheart?"

"R-Ray... d-don..." I frowned at the way it rolled off my tongue and tried again. "R-raydon..." That was much better. Master smiled, showing a pair of pearly fangs. I siffened and took a sharp breath. Master quickly hid them from veiw and sighed.

"That's a beautiful name, love. Your file said that you didn't have one. Do you know why?" I nodded, but didn't elaborate. Master nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but a loud ringing cut him off. I jumped and whimpered as my head came into contact with the door I was leaning against.

"It's alright, love. It's just my phone." I nodded and pulled the soft blanket closer to me as he answered.