CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Tyke

    It's been three days and my dragonfly was slowly getting better. He still had the bloody cough after he woke the next day but its now just a cough. His voice is hoarse and he complains about a sore throat. Zayne though had it worse than my love. He seemed to take Ray's pain and sickness every time they touched. He would randomly stumble through the door in the middle of the night and just hold Ray's hand.

     This caused his cough and breathing to get a lot worst but I was grateful for the vampire. He knew he was stronger than my baby so he took the worst of it away. The man was starting to grow on me.

      “Ty-Ty?” I was broken out of my thoughts at the scratchy voice of my love. He somehow climbed onto my lap without me noticing. I didn't mind one bit though.

      “Yes,love?” I smiled softly as he just cuddled up into my chest. He was as affectionate as he was back then, if not more. He was like a skittish kitten and I was the safe blanket he hid under. It was adorable.

      “Are you hungry,darlin?” I didn't wait for a response. He would say no like every other time. I stood with him in my arms and walked into the kitchen. My love quickly reached for the petite blonde that went by the name of Micha. Ray was obsessed with the little halfling along with his werewolf mate. I had no problem with them. I actually got along extremely well with Malichi.

     “Do you need help? My hands are free since the little demon took my mate away.” I chuckled at his sarcastic remark. He always seemed to try to hate my love but he was actually extremely protective. He adored my dragonfly to pieces. Everyone does. Who couldn't? He was absolutely perfect.

      “Sure. We can actually make everyone lunch if you haven't ate already?” Mal smiled and started grabbing things out of the fridge. “I guess that's a yes then.” We cooked mostly in silence;both too busy listening to our mates talk in the other room. They spoke softly. Probably knew that were eavesdropping but I couldn't get enough of Ray…

     Being without him for so long. Always thinking he was dead… It was terrible. I'm glad being head warrior took most of my time and concentration. I would have went into a depressive spiral if it didn't.

     “It's ready. Go tell Zero and them that Spaghetti is ready.” I nodded and walked up the stairs. It was likely that Zayne was sleeping. He's been sleeping a lot lately and could only keep the blood of his witch mate down. Hopefully he was feeling a bit better today.

     I knocked softly and walked in once I hears Zero's strong voice. Zayne was surprisingly awake and had a happy smile across is pale face. He seemed to be laughing at something Evan said. The petite male was moving his hands dramatically as he spoke but I paid no attention to his words.

    “We made spaghetti if any of you are up for it.” Zero nodded and opened his mouth to speak but Zayne beat him to it.

     “That sounds amazing. I'm starved and no offence, love. But food sounds so much better than your blood.” We all laughed at Evan's slight pout and moved back towards the kitchen.

Zero

    I kept a firm hand on my mate's back as we went down the stairs. He was still extremely weak and was trying to hide it behind a smile and hyper exterior. I linked Evan quickly, Watch him. I don't think he's ready for solids at all. And keep Raydon away from him. Evan replied with a 'sir yes sir’ making me roll my eyes.

    I quickly moved in front of Zayne as Raydon went to jump at him. “Zewooooo moveee.” I smiled gently but shook my head. It was almost heartbreaking to see his eyes tear up, but Z has taken way too much from him already.

     “Come here, darlin. Your food is all cut up and you can sit on my lap.” His curls bounced as he twirled quickly. His teary eyes were now replaced by a huge smile as he climbed onto his mate's lap. I smiled and turned toward Zayne as he let a soft relieved sigh.

     “Not feeling 100% are we?” He shook his head and leaned into me as I lead him to a seat. We all ate in silence. Ray was the only one making any noise as he giggled quietly with his mate. Overall life was great but it's far from over.  

This is really late and short. I'm sorry. Senior year is kicking me in the butt and I've had no motivation to write. I hope everyone is enjoying this so far. If anyone has ideas or anything please comment. It would be very much appreciated. Bye bye!