epilogue part 3 ~ the annoucement

i pace around the kitchen as brad sits on the sofa and watches me, looking nervous but confused at the same time. "ally, you've been pacing for the past twenty minutes. what's wrong?" brad questions when i finally stop.

"uh, i need to tell you something."

brad thinks, before motioning his hand to sit next to me. i nod and lazily rest next to him. i take a deep breath but before i can explain brad talks again. "don't feel nervous," brad confirms.

i nod, and then think of the right words to use. "i didn't use birth control."

brad stops moving, all emotion drains out of him in a millisecond. but then, a smile reappears on his face. "are you saying what i think your saying?" brad says, excitement obviously in his voice.

i nod, nervously. "this is amazing! how far along are you? have you told anybody else? i'm calling my mum. this is the greatest thing ever!" brad explains, i can't stop smiling,

i thought he'd be annoyed that i didn't use birth control. but it was the opposite. "i'm about a month. i've only told you."

brad suddenly throws himself onto me into a hug, i snuggle into his neck, i can feel him smiling. he was just as excited as i was.

"i love you. and the child." he takes a deep breath, "if it's a boy i'm 100% teaching him my smooth pickup lines to get him a girl like you." brad winks, and i slap him jokingly.