Chapter 1

"But- but papa~! I d-don't wanna..." I whined. Professor Stein sighed before turning to face me. "Number one: on school grounds it's Professor or Dr. Stein. Number two: I'm not asking you to marry the boy. I can't leave you home alone and you know why." he said sternly. I lowered my head. "It's not fair... I don't even know him... Why can't I stay with Maka?"

"Do we really need to recap what happened between you and Soul?" he deadpanned. I jolted slightly at the memory. ".... N-no." "Good. Now let's get going. The sooner we get this done the sooner I can get myself situated." he said walking ahead.

The walk was quiet, but not too quiet. I would occasionally look up at Stein, wondering what was on his mind. He seemed a bit off. We walked a little further, before he abruptly stopped. "Dad?" I called. We were no longer on school grounds so I didn't have to be formal. He stepped up towards me and handed me a bottle of pills.

"Your heats usually come in strong... Especially when an alpha is present. Take these once a day. I know your weaker prescription is once every couple of days, but..." he trailed off. I looked at the bottle for a moment, before realization hit me. "Y-You aren't m-making me stay with an a-a-alpha... R-right?"

He didn't resond...

I stepped forward. "W-why? Why would you d-do th-that? P-P-Professor! Y-you- you p-promised me that y-you'd p-protect me! Not throw me i-in harm's w-way! Y-you know what happens b-b-between alphas and o-omegas!" I said beginning to panic. I always hated being an omega. I was one of the most attractive omegas in Death City. Pheromone-wise that is... I had the strongest smell even without the heat.

Whenever I went into heat and the suppressants didn't help, I had to be escorted out of the city immediately to avoid causing an uproar. I was stuck with my brother Ragnarok, a beta who hates my guts at most times. I always caused him trouble and I couldn't help, but feel ashamed for it. Speaking of which... I think my heart is coming soon...

I was shaken from my thoughts when Stein brought me into a hug. "I apologize Crona. Don't worry yourself about it. He is getting married to a beta and unlike other alphas, he is the most trustworthy and loyal." he said reassuringly.

"... Okay." I sighed softly. He pat my head, leaning down so we were eye level with each other. "Feel better?" he asked. Before I could answer, I caught a whiff of his alpha scent. I felt the suppressants wear off and I dropped to my knees. "Shit!" I heard him say, before I was swept off my feet and brought back home. The run there was terrible! He was too close, but there was nothing either of us could do about it. I could feel the heat pooling in the pit of my stomach and my dress suffocated me.

Thankfully, we made it home quickly.

"I'm so sorry Crona..." he said slightly muffled through the mask on his face. I watched him race around the house locking all the windows and doors. I had a deathgrip on the bedsheets as he wrapped me tightly in a blanket as a weak attempt to conceal my scent. I was panting heavily, struggling to find comfort. I felt an intense feeling of some sort in my nether-regions forcing a gasp and moan from my throat. Stein told me something I couldn't make out and turned for the door.

"Please...don't go..." I forced out. Sadly he didn't hear me and left, locking the door behind him. Stupid professor... This is all his fault. My father and my cru-uh-protector just had to be an alpha.

............................Stein.................................

Now that I think about it... Maybe I could have let Blackstar and Tsubaki take care of him... No. Blackstar is too hyperactive, he'll probably scare Crona into a heart attack. Tsubaki is barely home, so she wouldn't be able to help him... Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the manor.
---
"Hiyah Stein! What brings you here?!" Death asks. "I'm here about Crona." I said simply. "Ah yes! The dearly beloved son of yours! How is he? Doin well?" he asked bouncing in place. I groaned in disagreement. "Hm? Oh... I see. The heat?" he replied matter-of-factly. "Precisely."

"Did he take his suppressants?"

"Yes."

"Are they not working?"

"They are, but they are weak to a strong alpha scent."

"Could he take another?"

"No. They'll cancel out."

"For how long will this heat last?"

"Perhaps another few hours since his last heat already ended recently..."

"...."

"...."

"My son has a very strong alpha scent. You are aware of that, right?"

"Of course. I gave Crona the stronger dose to take during his stay."

"Knowing my son, he'll make Crona work as a maid to earn his stay... Is that alright with you?"

"As long as it's nothing explicit. I've heard he's know for 'playing around'."

"*Sigh* yes he is... That's why I arranged his marriage with Liz in the first place..."

We continued to talk for a while about the plans for Crona's stay. Time must've gone by really fast cause Maka, Soul and Crona came racing in. "Professor! Crona's-!""We know." She froze up. "That's why I locked the doors, which I'm sure you knocked down to get to him..." I said looking at Soul as Maka laughed slightly. He was sweating trying to look elsewhere.

I turned to Maka. "Take Soul home before he does something we all regret." She jumped up and knocked him unconscious dragging him out. I turned to Lord Death. "I'm gonna take Crona home before Kid comes in." Just as I turned to him he fell forwards gripping my lab coat. "P-please~... Professor... I... I want... I need~..." I could hear Death humming behind me. I sighed and put Crona to sleep so he wouldn't unconsciously seduce me.

It's bad enough that his pheromones carry a scent that is 10-20 times stronger than the average omegas. It's difficult to hold back against them, but him... When I got home and put him in bed, I had to take an alpha suppressant to prevent my rut.

Yep... This omega is a chore...