34. What HURTS the Most

Hyeri P.O.V.

"Eomma, can I ask you something?" Taecwon asked. 

"Anything." I replied. 

"Uh, why won't you just marry Jungkook-hyung?" he asked. 

"You're my son. You're mine and only my son." I answered. 

"So would you, if I said that I wanted a dad?" he asked. 

"Maybe, but most likely no." I confessed. "Why are you asking these questions?" I asked. 

"Nothing." he answered, showing a soft, slight, smile. 

As soon as we entered the car, his face became dull. 

"What's wrong sweetie?" I questioned. 

"I don't know. I just feel like something is missing.." he replied, coldly. 

As we arrived to the restaurant, Taecwon went behind the counter. Jungkook on the other end, was being extremely quiet. Jimin, sat at the counter and zoned out. Jihyo, just slowly wiped the tables clean. 

"What's up with everyone?" I questioned. 

"Nothing." Jimin replied, lighting up a bit. 

"Okay then." I said, and walked to the back counter. 

'What's up with everyone?'

Taecwon P.O.V.

"What did you guys do on father's day?" my Daehwi asked. 

"My dad and I traveled back to the U.S. It was soo fun!" Samuel exclaimed. 

"My dad, my brothers, and I just had a fun guys day." Seongwoo added to the conversation. 

"My uncle and my cousins came to visit, so all the boys went to Jeju!" Daniel exclaimed. 

"My dad and I went back to Taiwan." Gualin said. 

I stood there as they talk about the amazing time they had with their dad. 

'I wish I had a dad..'

"What did you do?" Daniel asked. 

"I just hung out with my Hyungs." I exclaimed. 

"That's cool." Daehwi complimented. 

'What's so cool? If I don't have a dad to be with me even during Fathers Day.."

"What's up, my little Taecwon!" Jungkook shouted as he entered the lounge room. 

"Not much, just full of thoughts." I answered. 

"Tell me!" Jungkook demanded. 

"Like its just sad sometimes. You know? When you don't have a dad, and everybody else does. It just makes you feel incomplete.." I confessed. 

"Did people say things about you?" he asked. 

"Don't tell mom, okay?" I asked and he nodded. "People always call me out, for not having a dad, they always say things about my mom, they always say things about how the company went bankrupt. It makes me so angry, because I can't do anything. It's because, if I had a dad, then they wouldn't look down on me." I added. 

Hyeri P.O.V.

  I was walking into the lounge area, to see what was taking Jungkook so long.

"Don't tell mom, okay?" Taecwon asked and Jungkook nodded. "People always call me out, for not having a dad, they always say things about my mom, they always say things about how the company went bankrupt. It makes me so angry, because I can't do anything. It's because, if I had a dad, then they wouldn't look down on me." he added.   

My eyes, started filling up with tears. How long, how long has he felt this way? As an outsider? Did I make my own son suffer, his whole life?

I walked out of the lounge and out of the restaurant, out into the streets. The tears that were filling my eyes, all came out, slowly. My feet begin to get wobbly. 

The last time I drank, was so long ago. I walked to the convenience store and got 2 bottles of soju. I finished one bottle, and begin to feel buzz. As I was still drinking the 2 bottle, I suddenly fell back., but someone caught me..