Chapter 8

I woke up and remembered my current situation. I am being held hostage by crazy people. I got out of bed and walked to the main room. Cassidy was up she was eating a bowl of fruit and was sitting on the carpet. Cassidy's hair was a mess.

"Hey! What do you like to eat? Do you like fruit cause I can get fruit. Or are you more of a muffin and pancake person?" She blurted out. It was seven in the morning and this girl was full of energy. "I guess I will have a muffin"
"Do you like chocolate, blueberry,raspberry" "Blueberries good" I interrupted, it seemed like she would go on and on about flavors. She walked to another room. I assume it is the kitchenand brought a muffin. "Thanks"

I took a bite and it was delicious . I sat on the carpet next to her. "So where is Kira and Alyssa?" "They should be here soon." "Today is important, basically we're answering all your questions  and explaining what's happening." I yawned I can't believe I even woke up this early. Usually I sleep in till my mom yells at me to get up. The other girls walked in.

Kira's hair was pulled into a neat braid. She wore purple leggings with a black top. Alyssa's hair was really curly. She wore all black. I looked like a hot mess. I was still in my clothes from yesterday and my brown hair was in knots. Alyssa and Kira sat on the coach.

Kira was the first to speak. Of course "You must be very confused since we barely told you anything yesterday." Her voice was calm almost  comforting. "Ok, well if you guys are werewolves why do you have powers?" I thought of Cassidy, she can control water. Kira can make force fields and who knows what else. Kira  was the first to speak. "We are not full werewolves. We are hybrids. We were bit."

She looked at me and could tell I was still confused. "For example Cassidy already had her powers  before she was bit. " "So you guys already had crazy powers before?" "Yes" "So before you were bit you all lived normal lives?" Alyssa and Kira looked at each other as if debating how much they wanted to tell me about there lives before. Then Alyssa answered this time. "More or less" If these girl were all living regular lives, were they forced here too? Did they have family's they had to leave? How did they accept it? How did they wake up everyday knowing they could never go home?

"Why are there hybrids then?" I said almost angry. Kira responded "Because the werewolf  population is going extinct. So they decided to do an experiment. To see if people with special abilities could survive longer. And it worked" Her  voice quivered, there were tears in her eyes. As if she's was remembering something. No,someone.

"We are one of the hybrid packs. " Alyssa pointed at the map I was looking at earlier. "Each group of pins represents a different pack. A new experiment." I walked over to the map. There was blue,red,black, purple, and green. There were five packs. Each person was taken away, each one didn't have a choice.

"What color are we?" This time Cassidy answered, "We are the purple." She said very eager. There were four purple pins in the middle of the forest. Across from them is a river. Each pin represented one of us. I stared at the map again. If I could figure out where we are. I can figure out where my village is. I could go home.

"So, why are the werewolf's going extinct? Why can't they solve there problems and leave us out of it?" Why couldn't they leave me out of it. "The reason they are going extinct is because of the hunters. The werewolves can't defeat them anymore." Kira answered. "Why do the hunters want us?" "The hunters have been tracking down werewolves for centuries. The see us as monsters and they want to end us. They have no mercy." She said coldheartedly. Every word, was like a knife in her heart.