Chapter 15- edited

"Hi!" I said politely. He jumped back in alarm, and for a few moments just stared. I hadn't thought that he might call for the other hunters to come back...after all this is a weird way to meet someone. Before he could call anyone I covered his mouth. Bad idea, I ended up hitting him in the face. He brought his hands to his mouth and backed up quickly, tripping over a stray root and collapsing on the ground. Wow, Sierra great way to make friends.

I mumbled a quick apology and reached out a hand to help him up. He didn't take it, so I grabbed his cape and lifted him up anyways. He began to process what happened and asked me, "Were....were you just hiding in the bushes?" That is a good question. I didn't know how to explain my answer I would sound like a stalker. But I needed the cure. I tried to think of a response. The first thing I could think of was, "I was um....talking to this bush?" It was official I'm an idiot. I sounded crazy there's no way this guy would help me.

I couldn't tell this guy anything...yet. I didn't know him at all. For all I know he could be crazy. I didn't know what to say. He probably had a billion questions going through his head. "Are you a hunter?" He asked, trying to understand why I was in the bushes. I didn't know how to react. Before I could think of what to say, I nodded yes. I am such a fool.

I might as well run away now. But even if I had made  it inside the cabin, somebody would ask me why I'm here. Cassidy probably wanted us to leave, before he can ask any more questions.  I had to make him believe me, I needed that cure, I needed him. But I am the enemy. Ugh Why did I decide to come here in the first place? "That's weird I have never seen you before." "That's because I start today." He would notice that when I don't come back to the fortress, that I am lying. Then maybe other hunters will come after me.

He looked suspicious of me. He smirked. "Okay, I'm going to let you on a little secret. I know when people are lying and you are lying." Ok, well Cassidy should plan my funeral. "That's ridiculous." He was serious. "Just tell me. Why your really here?" I should be running. Why am I not leaving? I got myself into this mess. Besides I did say not every hunter is evil, so now I have to prove it. And he did just save a bunch of animals. How bad can he be? I took a deep breath. "Ok, don't freak out. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm here for a cure."

"A cure for what? You don't look sick and how could hunters help you, there not doctors." I was wearing tennis shoes and I had a sock covering up my mark. I pulled down the sock, revealing the mark. Then I quickly pulled it back up. His eyes widened. "Your a were-" I covered his mouth before he could finish the sentence. "Just listen to what I have to say. I need  a cure so I can become human again. Promise me you won't scream or call for help or anything." He nodded. Once I let him go I had no idea what he would do.

He didn't scream, but he seemed a little scared. "So your not going to hurt me?" I nodded. "All I want is a way to get rid of this mark." He was starting to calm down. "The hunters have a cure. But I would have to get it and give it to you." "Are you sure it works? How long does it take to be human? "

If the hunters have a cure. Why  don't they give it to the hybrids? Then everyone would be human and they wouldn't have to hunt us anymore. I shouldn't believe him.

But if he's telling the truth I could go home. "Yes it works. It takes a few weeks or a month I can't remember." My fate relies on a stranger. I must be the biggest fool in the world because  I'm willing to risk it. "So can I meet you back here tomorrow and you can give me the cure?" "Yes, but on one condition." I will do anything I wanted to scream. Anything to prevent me from becoming a killer. Anything to go home. "Bring back Sierra." My jaw dropped. He was looking for me. Just like the hunters. But how did they even know I was missing. Why would he even care? "If everything works out, she will return." If only he knew. We shook hands, it was official.