Chapter 23

I woke up and I was in the living room with Kira and Alyssa. I was lying on the couch. "Kira she's awake!" Kira ran over and Alyssa asked a bunch of questions. "What happened, you just left immediately. Cassidy followed you to get you to come back. Where's Cassidy? We found you on a dirt path in the woods."

I slowly sat up, for once Kira looked concerned.
I tried to say something...words just stumbled out. "They took her." I slurred. "What? Who took her? Who?" Kira was demanding answers.
"The hunters took Cassidy." Kira's concern for me was gone. She was angry and she slapped me. Alyssa didn't even flinch but she asked me if I was okay.

My throat felt sore, my check burned and I deserved it. I let Cassidy become a prisoner. I would be angry at me too. Kira looked at me with pure hatred and then it all came out. "How could you be so irresponsible! You ran away, you endangered yourself and Cassidy. For all we know she could be dead!" "I know."
She huffed "You know." She turned to Alyssa "She knows..." She turned to me. "Then why did you run away. Next time I hope you will listen instead of making foolish mistakes."

"I get it...I made a mistake. Okay!" I yelled. I fell in love with a hunter. I believed everything, I was naive. Alyssa looked at me and grabbed Kira's arm. I could hear them talking. "Listen blaming Sierra isn't going to get Cassidy back. So you need to stop arguing and act like the leader you are." She nodded and walked over. She was calm...at least she didn't want to kill me.

Her fingers were curled into a fist she took a deep breath and her hands relaxed. "Where was the last time you saw Cassidy?" "I confronted Niel and the hunters came out of the bushes and Cassidy pushed me out of the way. Cassidy got hit with a tranquilizer dart and I tried to catch them but...I got hit with a tranquilizer dart as well." I was too late.

"Did Niel ever tell you where the hunters base is?" Alyssa said. "Yes, well he didn't tell me I found it using a map." I stated. "A map?" Kira muttered. I ran to my room and grabbed the map it was hiding under my pillow. "The werewolves must have left it in one of the books incase we need to find them." I said. "Or because they wanted us to attack." Kira stated.

"What?" She looked at me with fire in her eyes. "We are going to attack...tonight." She walked into her room and pulled out some weapons. "I thought we aren't supposed to be interacting with hunters." I was confused. She hates hunters and now she's ready to battle them. For Cassidy. For her pack. I wonder if she would fight them to rescue me.

"We have only fought like five hunters. Now you want to attack a whole fortress of hunters!" I don't think we're ready. Correction: I'm not ready. I looked to Alyssa hoping she would help me. But she knew Kira already made up her mind. "We've been training we will be fine." Kira said calmly. "It's three against who knows how many hunters, do you really think we can win?" I didn't.

I can tell that she didn't either. She nodded to Alyssa. Alyssa grabbed a bunch of weapons from her room. She began loading a crossbow. "We need to rescue Cassidy. But not like this, were going to die and then no one will save her. We need a plan." Kira knew that. Alyssa agreed. Alyssa gave me my sword and Kira the crossbow. Alyssa grabbed her bow and arrow and gave us each daggers to hide incase something happens to our weapons. I put on a jacket and hid the dagger in my pocket.

Alyssa got a bunch of arrows and gave them to Kira. Neither of them answered me. I realized they don't have a plan...how will we win. Finally Kira spoke up, "We do have a plan." I doubt it. "What is it?" She smirked, "Were going to be more powerful than ever. It's a full moon tonight." I began to panic. I've never shifted. I've never become a wolf. I could lose control...I would kill. Wasn't that the reason I wanted the "cure" in the first place, to get rid of the nightmares. To stop the urge to kill. To go back home to my family as a human and not a monster. I was walking into a trap. I was not at war with the hunters.

I was at war with myself. With my blood thirst, with my wolf, with my new life. I can't accept it so I've been desperate to change it. So desperate I let a friend get captured. I know that when I turn I will either be on a killing spree or I will be under control. I have been training to focus in tough situations and to remain under control when attacked. To have the advantage.

It's my choice whether I become a monster. Yet here I go ready to kill. I have to save my friend. Even if it takes away some of my humanity. Besides there's no way I can change Kira's mind..if we're going to attack on a full moon. We will have the advantage. We grabbed our weapons and the map. We headed towards the hunters base.

Alyssa saw the fear I had earlier about turning. "It's not that scary actually. You just have to accept it. The more you fight with your wolf, the more you will lose control. The more animal you become. If you embrace your wolf, you will work together and you can save Cassidy." Alyssa said. You can save Cassidy. I hope so..her life depends on it. "Correction: we will save Cassidy." Kira claimed as she walked ahead of us with the map. Kira cared for Cassidy. I didn't know she liked her. We were almost there and Kira and Alyssa were alert. They were ready, and I wasn't as confident. I just hope we all make it out alive.

And that I don't run into Niel. He used me...to find a girl who no longer exists. No matter how much I want to hate him..I couldn't. He was trying to help trying to find Sierra. But he also kidnapped my friend and faked being in love with me. He also gave me a potion that does who knows what. Cassidy says I'm dying and that hybrids die when there mark goes away.

I looked at my mark on my ankle, only half of it was left. We got to the base. We were going to save Cassidy.  There was a window on the side of the building. Alyssa had a graveling hook, I didn't even know we had one. Alyssa's full of surprises. She opened the window very quietly. She slipped through, and threw the hook down to Kira who did the same thing. Then Kira gave me the hook, I fired it and with a jolt I was dragged to window. I almost fell off the window when I was inside.

I jumped to the ground. We were on a staircase. It was gold and rusty. The cabin looked different inside. It was much bigger. It was two stories. The room we were in was a dinning hall. There was a giant table, it was dark and looked handcrafted. There was fireplace close by. Alyssa looked around and whispered clear. We followed her up stairs.

We walked up stairs. We got up the stairs quickly and entered the hall. Alyssa aimed her bow. Two men were walking down the hall in a second they were dead. There were doors in the hall we began checking each room. Two men saw us. I froze. "Intruders!" One yelled, I hoped no one else heard. They charged at us. Alyssa shot one multiple times. While Kira fought the other. The man had a sword and Kira ducked. She kicked his legs and he fell to the ground. He quickly got back up he began to swing his sword at Kira again. Alyssa grabbed a chair from the room and smashed it against his head from behind. He was left unconscious.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from downstairs..they could be more hunters or it could be Cassidy she could have escaped. I longed to see her again...without thinking I ran down the steps. It had to be her. I ran into the dark dining room, searching for her. I saw someone in a cloak and a sword at there side. It wasn't Cassidy..I looked around for Kira or Alyssa but they didn't follow me. I was alone against a hunter with no one to help me.