Chapter 21

I ran. I ran away from the liars. They didn't understand. I was betrayed by my best friend. I had no where to go. I wasn't coming back. My mark was half way gone, I'm almost fully human. I would be with Niel and my family. Cassidy ran out of the cabin after me.

"Sierra you have to listen to me. " she begged. I didn't want to listen to her, she betrayed me. "You told Kira about Niel!" "What was I supposed to do?" She looked at me in concern. She was trying to justify herself. "Be my friend! Support me, instead you betrayed me." Kira will make sure I never see Niel again.

"Don't you get it he's using you." How could she say that. She barely knows him. She barely knows me. "He would never use me. He's helping me. He loves me." Kira and Cassidy don't understand. "He's curing me!"

Cassidy looked like she wanted to explode. "He's killing you! When your mark starts to disappear...Sierra your dying!" She sobbed. "Just let me help." Tears roll down her checks. She had no proof, no evidence. She just wanted me to stay with her and her pack. She was selfish. "Liar!" I screamed, loud enough for everyone to here. She was frustrated and confused "You're trusting a hunter....over me. Over you're own pack! We are united, we are like sisters. We're family." Tears rolled down my face. It can't be true. It isn't true. My family wouldn't betray me. "Your not my family." I said harshly. She looked hurt, but I didn't care.

"If you did care you would let me go." If she cared about me, she never would have dragged me into this mess. She never would have bit me. "I do care don't you see, Sierra I'm trying to save you." Save me from what. I'm saving myself from her pack.

"Just listen to me, you feel tired all the time, like you have no energy. It's because your mark is going away." No, I'm being cured. "I don't need you. I'll  prove it to you, he would never hurt me!" She didn't understand love. I bet she never tried to see her family. I ran as fast as my legs will carry me. He would never betray me...he loves me. Cassidy screamed telling me to go back. I kept running. I had to make a point.

I was in the forest. Niel saw I was upset. "What happened?" His voice quivered. "Have you been lying to me?" No matter how hard I tried Cassidy's words echoed in my head. He's using you. I didn't believe her, but I needed to know for myself. I needed to know our love was real. I needed the truth.

He looked at me, with regret. He didn't need to say anything. Just the way he looked at me, told me. He's lied to me. "How much?" "What?" I pushed him. He fell to the floor. "How much of it was real!" I shrieked. If he lied to me about everything. Then what does  that potion really do. I was holding him down on the floor. He squirmed, i wouldn't release him until I learned the truth.

"I'm sorry, but it had to be done." What had to be done. "We need Sierra back, that's our mission." Did he even love me, or was this all a mission. I could have told him right there. I am Sierra! But something was weird. He said we.

Suddenly, a bunch of hunters came out. Each one had a weapon. Each one would kill me. I let go of Niel. Worried, that they would kill me if I didn't. He got up slowly. I waited for him to say something. I waited for the hunters to kill me. But they didn't. All Niel said was "I'm sorry." I wonder if that was a lie too.

I wonder if he was hurting. Or maybe he didn't care. I wonder if his heart is breaking, like mine. One of the hunters shot something at me, I didn't see what it was. Suddenly, Cassidy came out of the bushes and pushed me out of the way.

I fell to the ground. A tranquilizer dart hit her in the neck. She started to fall. In seconds she was unconscious on the floor. The hunters grabbed her and put her in there carriage. They didn't care who they took, as long as they had a werewolf. I stared at Niel, tears were pouring down my face as he looked at me with no regret. I got up and ran after them. I had to save Cassidy. She tried to save me. She was right.

I ran after the carriage, there horses were fast. But I was faster. Each step has a purpose. I was going to rescue her. I had to rescue her. I was almost there, I jumped on the side of the carriage. Yet, one of the men opened the door and kicked me. I fell to the floor. I tumbled down, my clothes covered in dirt.

Before I could get back up to try again. The hunters, shot another tranquilizer dart. It hit my leg. I had to get up, but my feet wouldn't move. Soon, my whole body would betray me. I had to save her, I tried to push myself up but my arms became noodles. I couldn't move. I had no choice but to watch the carriage get away. Knowing I couldn't catch it. Knowing I couldn't help my friend. Then my eyes began to close and I had no control.