Chapter 19

I walked back to the cabin. I felt like I was going to collapse. I came into our room. Cassidy was there. She took one look at me and said "Kira's obstacle course?" I nodded. "Yikes, I wasn't good at the ropes. I felt like a giant spider was going to come out and eat me." I laughed. " I wasn't good at any of it especially the wall. Ugh I'm so tired." I took off my shoes. My feet were sore. "I'm going to shower." "Okay, you should probably drink some water and eat afterwards."

I nodded in agreement. I took a cold shower. It felt good since it was hot and I was sweating. After I showered I changed into some jean shorts and a shirt with flowers on it. I walked towards the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and grabbed some cereal and a bowl. I also grabbed milk from the fridge. While I was pouring the milk I almost fell asleep my eyes were so tired. I ate the cereal anyway. Cassidy came in, she was reading. I drank some water.

I grabbed some water to take with me. I was sneaking out again. I had some questions for Niel. I looked out the window Kira was talking to Alyssa in front of the cabin. How was I going to get passed them, without being suspicious. "Cassidy can you help me with something?" She looked made at me for interrupting her reading. She closed the book. "Sure, what do you need help with?" "I need help sneaking past Kira." "Okay, so what should we do?"...

Alyssa and Kira were laughing and talking. Wow, I didn't know she had feelings. We walked out the front door. "Where are you guys going?" "Were just going on a walk." I said. She looked suspicious, but she trusted Cassidy. "Okay, enjoy your walk." She was curious to what we were doing. But she didn't follow us. As soon as we left she continued to talk with Alyssa.

We walked to the back of the cabin. And I walked toward the force field. "Wait, are you sure it's a good idea." "Yes, besides we have a new meeting spot closer to the cabin. So if anything goes wrong, It won't take me as long to get back." She didn't look convinced but she let me go anyway. "Okay, stay safe." She gave me a hug. "I will." Little did she know I've snuck out before. I walked out of the forcefield to our new spot.

It was much father away from the hunters. I requested it. I walked over there and saw Niel. "Hey Wolfie." I cringed at that name. I groaned "I told you not to call me that." "I'll call you whatever I want Wolfie." He teased. I tried to think of a good response. "Oh yeah, well your a hunter." I started blushing. All he did was laugh. "Well then, I'm looking for a werewolf to catch. Have you seen any?" I played along. "Oh no you found me!" I started running. I ran normal so he could catch up. He grabbed me and I started to "scream". Then he let go of me. I couldn't stop laughing. He started laughing too.

Then we sat down. And asked him a serious question. "Does the cure have any side affects? Cause I've been training with Kira." "Kira, that's not good, how did you survive, especially since you can't beat her?" I forgot I told him about when I stood up to her. "Shut up" I pushed him a little. "Anyways, please listen this is serious." He stopped joking, his expression changed. He was serious, he was full of concern. "What happened?" "Well at first, I thought it was because I didn't eat.." He looked confused.

"Well I was really tired and it seemed like I had almost no energy. And I thought it was cause I didn't eat or drink water. But the only thing I had before training was the cure. So I'm wondering are there any side affects?" I was hoping the answer was no. It was just because I didn't drink enough water or eat or something. But his expression said otherwise. He looked like he made a mistake. He was full of worry. It scared me. Say something I thought.

"Well, the cure does come with a price. You will lose energy. Until your mark is completely gone. Until your human again." How much energy? I wanted to know. Suddenly, anger burned inside of me. I got up. "Why didn't you tell me?" He started rambling. "When we first met, you wanted it so badly. I just gave it to you. Plus I didn't know if the side affects would work because I've never given the cure to anybody." I was angry... I stormed off and walked back to the cabin.

When I came back. Cassidy looked concerned. But I told her I was fine. We walked back to the cabin. It was starting to get dark. Alyssa and Kira were in the kitchen making food. Sometimes I wonder why doesn't Kira use her magic instead of cooking. We sat at the table and ate pasta. I didn't talk much..or at all. Kira talked about my training lesson but I didn't listen. Cassidy lied and said our walk was good. Alyssa was eyeing me trying to figure out why I wasn't speaking. Or doing anything, but eating. After dinner I went to me and Cassidy's room. I changed into my pajamas and tried to sleep. Cassidy walked in. She got in her bed. "Hey, if you want to talk about it. I'm always here." "Thanks" I sat up and gave her a hug. Then she turned off the light.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I couldn't stop thinking about Niel. No matter how hard I tried. I'm mad at him, but I can't stop thinking about him. Why are emotions so messy and complicated? It was almost midnight. I was going to be up all night. Why can't I stop thinking about him!? I mean, he's so stupid with his silly jokes... and his dumb nickname for me...and the way his mouth curls up in a smile when he calls me pretty. Or when he ruffles his blond hair when he's nervous. I sighed, its official I've fallen for him.

I walked outside, I needed some fresh air. I kept walking. I walked outside of the forcefield and sat on a log. Staring at the stars, there was so many and they were all beautiful. But when they lose there light, they die. Kind of like relationships I thought. Then I saw him. Niel. "What are you doing here?" "I couldn't sleep."
"I couldn't sleep either." I said. We were silent for a while. "I'm sorry" we said at the same time. I went first, "I'm sorry for getting mad at you, after all when we first meet I was very demanding. You just gave me what I wanted. I should've asked about the side affects." I paused. "I'm sorry too. I should have warned you what might happen."

I moved aside, so he could sit next to me. I looked at him and then the unexpected happened he kissed me. I felt goosebumps all over my body. It felt electric. Like our star was getting back it's light.

"Maybe we can be different." I shrugged, "I doubt Kira will let us. She hates hunters." He looked at me with such passion. It made my heart melt. "You could convince Kira that we can be together. I'm not like the other hunters. I won't hurt you. I want to be with you." I believe every word. I wanted to live the rest of my life with him. With someone who cares, listens, someone who loves him. Soon when my mark is gone, I will.  "I know, I can try to convince her in the morning." My eyes wanted to close. I tilted my head on his arm and feel asleep.