Chapter 11

I've been training for weeks. Alyssa's told me I've gotten better. I'm have to pass one more test and then I'm allowed to use weapons. Alyssa has been training me on how to use my abilities. I now can run very fast and I have really good hearing. I also have gotten stronger. Alyssa has been testing my new abilities everyday. I feel like a soldier getting ready for battle. She's been trying to get me to focus. She says that when I turn, I will feel empowered. After all I am more powerful. But power comes with a price. I will have the urge to kill.

It's the middle of the day and I just got done with training, now my real mission begins. Cassidy entered the room. "Hi, can I talk to you?" I asked. "Sure, what's up." She sat on my bed. "If I asked you to do something crazy and totally out of line would you do it?" "Depends how much trouble will we get into if we're caught?" "A lot" I responded. "I'm in." Cassidy said with a smile. "I'm a daredevil." She said excitingly. I laughed "Sure you are."

"So what are we up to partner in crime?" "Well, I want to steal something and since your very good at it-" "What are we stealing diamonds, rubies, chocolate?" "No we are stealing a book"
"Really a book out of all the things we could steal." "Yes, not just any book, Kira's spell book." Her eyes widened "Wow, we have our work caught out for us, I mean I don't even know where it is. Kira is very good at keeping secrets." "Okay, well we are going to have to distract Kira and I will check her room and look for the book."

Cassidy came out in all black and a ski mask. "Cassidy, I said I was searching the room and your distracting." "Oh, so I got my spy outfit on for nothing. Darn it, well I better go distract." She ran off outside and I ran towards the room. I swung the door open. I can't leave any evidence that I was here. I checked everywhere. I checked under the bed. I opened the dresser door but all I found was clothes. I checked in her pillow case. I looked in the closet and all there was, was clothes and Alyssa's weapons. I forgot they shared a room. I looked under Alyssa's bed and her dresser. I checked both there desks. I started to panic, if I couldn't find it I wouldn't be able to leave. I had to find it. I searched the closets again. I looked under and inside of everything.

But if I were hiding something, I wouldn't hide it I'm normal hiding spots. I double checked everything. When I noticed something near the dresser. The wall looked different. Almost like it was a different surface. It looked like there was something behind it. I pushed the dresser over and I found a cabinet. It was brown and old. I opened it and there was the book! Yes! Then I heard footsteps and Cassidy trying to distract Kira and Alyssa.

"Guys wait! I really need your help something terrible has happened!" "Why do you look like your going to rob a bank?" Alyssa asked. "It's a fashion statement, anyway I've lost something very important to me. I lost a necklace, it has a blue flower on it and it's very sparkly. I don't know where I left it in my room. Help me look." Before they could respond, Cassidy dragged them the other way. The footsteps went in the other direction. I quickly, grabbed the book and moved the dresser. It didn't even look like I was here. I opened the door and quietly ran out. I closed the door and ran into the kitchen.

"Hey guys I found it. It was right here on the bed. Thanks so much for helping me look for it." Cassidy pushed them out of there room and they walked back. Once the coast was clear Cassidy gave me a thumbs up and I ran into our room. "I got it!!" "Yay we did it...now what?" "Well, you may not like what I'm going to say next so prepare yourself." She took a few breaths. " I don't belong here. I am going to make the force field disappear and then I'm going home." She looked confused and sad. "What" her voice quivered it broke my heart. "Your a wolf, your marked your one of us." "It's not that simple Cas. I need to go home to my family they need me." She looked up at me and tears were in her eyes. "Were your family." Those words hurt me the most. I wiped a tear from her check. She didn't understand.

I wonder if she's ever had a real family before. I gave her a hug. "I'm sorry, I just can't be here." "But your safe, your training, why do you have to leave. Please don't go. I need you." Tears were streaming down my checks. How could I leave her. We spent nights talking and making jokes about Kira. We played games and made silly handshakes. We would talk about our lives before and what we want to do now. For the first time I had a real friend.

And here I was about to leave. I'm a terrible person. "Promise you will visit." "Of course." "You know Kira won't stop until she finds you again right?" I didn't think about that. I am marked I'm part of the experiment. If she losses me. I don't know what the real werewolves will do to her. Let alone me.

"It's your choice you know ." Cassidy muttered. " I bit you, I dragged you into this mess. It's only fair I let you go." "Goodbye, water freak." She smiled sadly and I walked out the door with the spell book in my hand and a crack in my heart.

I walked up the stairs opened the latch and walked out of the old cabin. I walked towards the force field. It was dark but I had a bag. My bag contained clothes that Kira gave me, a flashlight, a few matches, some water bottles, a map, some food to last me a few weeks. I opened the book. I flipped to page 300 and i closed my eyes and repeatedly said the spell. I had no idea if it would work.

I chill went down my spin. A blast knocked me over. I got up and threw a rock. It went to the other side. The force field was gone and I was free. For how long I had no idea. I started to run, I'm coming home.

But then an arrow flew at me. For a moment I thought it was Alyssa. Then more arrows came flying. Men were riding on horses. They were looking for blood. They were hunters and thanks to me, we have nothing to protect us.