Seven

It's Monday morning and I can't help but feel glad to be back in school away from my mum and all that annoying stuff. After Matt and Ash came around yesterday, they stayed in my house for a bit before I went back to their house to sleep although I hardly talked to Ash, instead seeking out comfort from Matt. I wasn't lucky enough to get another hug but even just being around someone who understands how I feel was good enough.

I exit the classroom and start walking towards my second lesson of the day. I easily fall into the stream of people walking down the corridor. I could have lingered around and waited to walk with someone but for once I'm just not in the mood. I walk along in my own little world, smiling at all the people who say hi to me and listening in to random people's conversations as they walk. I spot Matt in the distance walking in the opposite direction to me. He stands out from everyone else because 1) he's incredibly gorgeous and I'm not ashamed to admit I think that and 2) whilst everyone is in their normal school uniform, Matt walks along with the hood of his black hoodie up and his hands in the pockets of his skinny black jeans. I give him credit for wearing his shirt and tie but I still roll my eyes at his rebelliousness and inability to follow any sort of rules.

As we get closer to passing each other, he notices me and smirks in his mischievous way that makes me slightly worried. At first I think he's just going to walk past me but then he makes me squeal in surprise when he hooks his arms around my legs just under my butt and lifts me up, spinning me around in his arms. He doesn't seem to mind that people are giving us really weird looks and that we basically just stopped the whole flow of people walking down the corridor. When he's done spinning me round, he keeps smiling at me in his normal devious way that makes my heart skip but terrifies me at the same time. He starts walking the way he was originally going with me still in his arms as I wriggle to try and escape.

"Noooo Matty! My classroom is the other way!" My attempts at escaping his hold have absolutely no effect; it just makes him laugh more. When I accept that he's not putting me down anytime soon, I sigh and try to dodge all the strange/jealous looks people are giving me. I understand to be fair: it's not every day you see someone get picked up and carried down school corridors and especially not by Matt Westbrook.

I feel myself slipping out of his arms slightly and since Matt would probably happily let me fall flat on my face, I reluctantly wrap my legs around his waist and put my arms around his neck. He smirks at the new position and it makes me so frustrated that I could slap him right now. Obviously I don't because maybe I'm actually enjoying this a bit too much.

"How have your arms not fallen off yet?" I ask as he adjusts his arms around me. He just shrugs.

"You literally weigh as much as a feather." He gives me a sincere smile and I smile back, our faces just inches apart. I lean my head on his shoulder to escape his beautiful smile and hide my face in his neck, breathing in his unmistakable scent. I sort of want to stay there forever.

"Aw is little baby Samii tired?" He says in the most teasing tone ever. I narrow my eyes at him and pout.

"I am not a baby!" I whine, making me sound more like a child than ever. Damn it.

"Yeah but you'll always be my baby Sam." He's not teasing anymore, he's being genuine. For a while I don't say or do anything. Did he really just say that? I know he doesn't mean it in the way that he'd call a girlfriend baby; he means it in the most literal way. I know Ash and Matt think of me as their baby sister but there was just something about the way Matt said I was his that sends shivers up and down my spine every time I think about it.

"Can I just remind you that you are only two days older than me?" I say to break the awkward tension. He laughs and rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah, but still."