19

hoseok felt himself being lifted up by his shirt, the muscular man in front of hyungwon grinning in malice.

"hyungwonnie doens't have really good taste, does he? i'd rather it be a girl so i can have fun while wonnie watched. but too bad, we have to make do," the man snarled, lifted up his fist and swinging it up to connect with hoseok's jaw.

hoseok's face was thrown to the side upon impact. blood had already begin to seep out of the cuts that his teeth made. laughter burst out from hoseok's mouth.

"aren't you just a poor little coward? doing this just to cover up your actions?" hoseok spat, blood dripping down his chin.

"hoseok don't provoke him. please," hyungwon begged, arms tugging at the ropes restraining him to the chair, desperately wanting to get to hoseok's side to protect him, even if it meant the cost of his life.

"what did you say?" mr chae was growling at this point. he threw hoseok against the wall, whose lean body slammed against the hard wood and slid down, head spinning upon impact.

hoseok could feel his vision blurring, and stars spinning around him, and he could definitely hear hyungwon's strangled screams for his father to stop.

"father? he was never my son to begin with,"

punch.

"his whore of a mother had him before she married me. he's not my child,"

kick.

"he's not my son, but he's paying for what the whore did to me."

another punch. another kick.

hoseok could barely hear hyungwon's pleas to stop. he could even barely feel himself conscious - pain was blooming throughout his body and he was sure he had broken some ribs. hoseok's body lay crumpled on the floor, adrenaline keeping him conscious, head spinning, vision blurry. one more hit and hoseok would be a goner for sure.

then, he heard it. the sounds of police sirens surrounding the house. and he knew mr chae heard it too. the latter cussed under his breath.

"even if the police get to me, whatever you say won't get to them. i'll slice his pretty mouth first, then break his hands. then its your turn pretty boy," mr chae spoke. hoseok knew it was directed to him, and the glint of a silver blade under the dim light sent an unknown surge of terror and energy through hoseok.

"freeze! don't move! we're right outside this room. place any weapons down and come out immediately!"

"fucking hell," he heard mr chae cuss, before lifting the blade to swing at hyungwon who had his eyes widened in fear and shock.

time seemed to freeze as hoseok saw the blade swing down in an arc, and he flung himself towards hyungwon, voice raw from screaming the latter's name. the chair screeched backwards, the horrible sound piercing his ears, and hoseok felt intense pain ripping throughout his entire back as the knife tore his skin and ripped through his flesh.

BANG!

the ringing in hoseok's ears stopped. everything seemed muted, the world was in and out of focus for the male who bled through his open wound. he could faintly make out the sillhouettes of hyunwoo, kihyun, minhyuk, jooheon and changkyun around him, their concered voices a chorus of octaves that sent him into another dizzying cycle. he could faintly feel himself lifted up into the ambulance on a stretcher, the now-free hands of hyungwon gripping his own, never letting go. hyungwon hadn't dared to let go - he thought that if he let go, hoseok would never come back.

"hoseok, please. i'm sorry i caused this. i'm sorry. please don't leave me, you mean so damn fucking much to me and i don't know what i'll do without you. god please, hoseok i love you so much that if you're gone you'll take my entire fucking heart and soul with you. p-please," hyungwon cried, burying his nose into the crook of hoseok's neck, not caring if hoseok's blood was slowly staining his clothes despite the pressure being applied.

hoseok forced out a weak smile - the best he could muster. that's all he needed to hear, that hyungwon loved him.

"i-i love you t-too," hoseok croaked, pain engulfing his entire being when he moved his hand to cradle hyungwon's bruised and tear-stained cheeks, his broken ribs sending agonizing pain through his entire being.

then, hoseok's hand dropped and his entire world was thrown into darkness.

a/n: the final chapter and the epilogue are whats left of this story. it may or may not be angst, depending on my mood.

this book has come so far and i'm so touched that people actually read this. THANK Y'ALL ❤️❤️❤️

also i'll do a q&a for the characters before i upload the epilogue. i'll let y'all know in the next chapter ;)