Chapter Eight

I hummed one of Sul Hee's favourite melody; much of a song that Taehyung used to sing to her when she's to sleep. I held her in my arms like a fragile object. Securing her  for the fear that I'd lose her again which I can never bear with. She held my arm while snuggling on my chest. My hand gently caressed her hair as she sleeps.

Slowly, I get up to not interrupt her sleep and plant a kiss on forehead. I haven't seen Taehyung for a week now but he still calls to speak to Sul Hee. I exit Sul Hee's room and go to mine next door. I sigh and lay on my bed. Though that Sul Hee's back,  one thing is still missing; and that's Taehyung.  I miss everything.

His hugs, his humor; just everything and I want him back here, beside me. I don't know what the future holds but I don't see any chance, or possibility that we're ever getting back together. He seemed to have found his life again and afterall, from what I recalled, we just got married for him to move on from Hyuna and it was arranged.

He never wanted to be married to me. To every thought of our good memories, tears cascaded down my cheeks as I graze my fingers on our wedding ring. I want him back; back in my arms and starting over again but I know it's not to be. I hug his pillow, thinking that it's him. I shut my eyes tightly and sobbed. 

If only I can beg the world to give him back to me and change his mind. I wish there is a play back button to go back to the past to correct all my mistakes and fast forward to the future I want for Sul Hee.  But there isn't such thing. Although it kills me so much each day, waking up and not seeing him around. Emptiness.

A flower without the sun. A mortal without oxygen. Emotionally and physically drained but I try my best to stay strong and mask up all my emotions with a smile, although some still managed to see through me know what I really feel. I have my daughter to think about but what about her future? Will she grow up without her father and live her life with people bullying her?

-----
I walk with Sul Hee holding my hand at the park. She hops joyfully while we both ate our ice cream. She hums the same song again and again until she came into a halt;  a halt from singing and hopping. Her happy face turned into a frown as she looks at the people coming towards us.

The man carried the little girl in his arms while the woman linked arms with the man. I noticed Sul Hee's face, in the verge of crying. I know how much she wants to burst out to tears and bawl by just the fast breathing. She snifled and ducked down.  I felt a pain on my chest as I hear her sob.

"Eomma, I hate Appa. He left us." She cried. I pulled her to the swing and setted her down while I kneel infront of her. 

"Sul Hee, don't say that.  Even if you're appa left us, he still loves you." I said while cupping her cheeks and wiping her tears.

"But he doesn't love you." She said.  It hurts. So much that I want to cry infront of Sul Hee.
"It's okay, honey. It doesn't matter if your apoa doesn't love me anymore as long as he loves you, everything will be fine." I replied. "So, don't say you hate your appa because he still loves you so much, okay?"

"Ne, eomma." She snifled and wiped her nose with her sweater.

"Good..now finish your ice cream before it melts." I said and caressed her hair. Not too long after that,  we both decided to leave. I didn't head home but I went to Taehyung's house. I drove there and somehow, I saw a smile on Sul Hee's lips. When I parked my car, I saw an unfamiliar vehicle. Does he have a visitor?

"Stay here for awhile,  okay?" I told Sul Hee and headed to Taehyung's door. Expecting it to be locked, it wasn't. The door creaked open and although I hesitated to step in and my heart pounding so hard. I took a deep  breath before I spoke out. "Taehyung the door was open. Sorry to ba---"

My eyes widened in horror from what I saw. I felt the pain in my chest again. It was that girl, Hani. They were in the midst of probably making out when Taehyung quickly moved away when he saw me. He was half naked and Hani was wearing his button up shirt.

"Eomma, is Appa there?" Sul Hee suddenly came, I pulled her before she could even see the scene infront of her and made her face me. Wrong timing, I guess.

"I'm sorry we came without calling. We'll just come back next time." I said and headed out of the door to leave. I made sure Sul Hee didn't see anything as we enter.

"Eomma, why did we leave?" She asked as I enter the car.

"Appa has a visitor. We'll come back next time." I explained and drove away. I thought it'd be surprise for Sul Hee and him to see each other again but as it turns out, I was the one surprised. Should've expected it.

When we arrived home, I prepared dinner and Sul Hee was washing up. She came down the stairs and took her seat when we both heard a car engine outside.  We turned our heads until the bell jingled.  The person behind it looks really impatient.

"I'll get it." Sul Hee exclaimed and ran.

"NO! Sul Hee!" I ran to her but she had already opened the door and there was Taehyung standing, looking anxious.

"Eomma! It's Appa.." She chimed. He smiled at Sul Hee and when he looked at me with the same smile, I turned my back and headed to the dining room.

"Kleah.." he called. I felt my breath hitch when he called me. I hesitated to look. "About just now...I'm---"

"It was my fault. I should've called you first." I interrupted him and turned my back again.

_____

Hellooo..LONG TIME NO SEE. I know and I seriously apologize for not updating for like a week. Class had started again and out of the term break mood so I'm quite busy with school works and I'm sort of going through a thing right now.

I can't publish like everyday so please bear with me. I'm really sorry but I'll try to update much chapters today. Sorry again...