Chapter Nineteen

KLEAH

Expect the unexpected. I should've seen it coming to ruin my life and take it away from me. Feeling my chest tightening to the point where I can hear my heart crashing inside me and can no longer breath. Days that had went by which I spent every moment crying. Grimacing to every circumstances that may happen when I give up the ghost. Tears that wet the pillows and duvet. They can't do anything. Dear ones that worries about me. Their cries that breaks me even more. I'd be selfish to say that I'd just die to end their sufferings and pain. To leave them permanently and never come back.

My whole world seems so dull. Pitch black, no longer light that illuminates to let me see the way. So empty. Little by little, day by day, I feel myself slowly dying. Like a plant without its raw materials, a diver without oxygen and a candle about to get blown off by the strong gush of the wind. I'm scared that one day, I might wake up, no longer able to hold my daughter and my husband. My whole family. My body seems to get weaker each day that passes. Negative thoughts that fills my head. I ain't surviving this.

I feel like a burden to everyone. My siblings sit on the chair beside me, Jin behin Kloe and Kevin's wife behind him. Kara and Hana sits by the couch and Jimin leans on the door frame, arms crossed and motionless. It's so difficult reading him. I don't know whether he's mad or what. He's eyes dart right at me and forehead wrinkled. If only I can get out of this hospital right now. It's bummer. Nothing looks interesting except for the several paintings hanging on the wall and the futile cracks on the ceiling.

The constant beep coming from the monitor is getting annoying. I had memorized how it exactly beeps, how long the interval of each beep is and it's rhythm. I know what time will the nurse come in and what she'd do. I'm getting sick of the hospital food. They are absolutely tasteless. The room is totally quiet when I'm left alone. I feel like the hushful atmosphere would pierce through me or moreover, I'd get insane. Everything just seems to be a pain in the ass. The hard hospital bed, boring television shows, basically just everything.

I'm even scared of myself now. There are dark circles around my eyes as it gets narrow. I can see my cheekbones very visible. My lips had gone so pale like paper and I've lost tons of weight. I look like a live skeleton. I'm way too far from how I look like before. With no words spoken, Jimin just slams the door close when he went out. Kloe sighed, shuffled on her seat to stand up. She wiped her cheeks and ran her hands across her hair. Her voice is weak, barely even audible to be heard. She leaves the room.

"Kevin, do me a favor." I say, my voice similar to how my sister spoke just now. Weak. He squints his eyes at me and gulps.

"If that favors involves anything of you dying I'm not doing it." He shakes his head. I let out a soft, feeble chuckle and lick my exteremly dry lips.

"Of course not." I reply. "What I mean is, you all shpuld stop being so distressed about me. I want to see you all smile and laugh. Atleast it would motivate me to fight my cancer. Tell that to Kloe too."

"I'll do it. I'll talk to her." Jin says.

"I'll go talk to Jimin." Hana says and leaves the room with Jimin.

Leukemia. That's my cancer. At first, I thought the mysterious bruises and bleeding easily wasn't something. I ignored it. Then for the next few days, whenever I wake up, there are strands of her on my pillows. I thought it was normal. Hairfalls, they happen to everyone but Kara had gone too worried about me and forced me to see the doctor. Terrified and distressed, I couldn't accept the results that came out after I had my check up. Just by looking at my daughter and thinking about her life without me and my life without her, we'd both be miserable.

Taehyung. He's fine now. I heard that he'd be discharged later. At the same time, I'm also having the surgery today. I don't know whether I'd survive it or not. It's God's plan.

"Aren't you going to tell Taehyung?" Kara speaks out for the first time in straight 2 hours. Her face is expressionless. I read nothing but there's pain and sadness in her eyes.

"I don't know how I'll approach him." I say weakly.

"Get your shit together and just fucking tell him!" She yells. I know she's in the verge of crying. Her lips are trembling and her eyes says it all. She stands up from the couch and pulls the wheelchair from the corner. "Get up and fucking sit here."

I hesitate to do so but Kevin gives me an approving look and carried me to the wheelchair. Kara wraps a cloth around my head to cover the bald areas. She then stands behind me to push the wheelchair and we leave my ward. My heart beats so hard against my chest as we get closer to Taehyung's ward. We stop infront of the door. Kevin pushes the door open and says something about someone wanting to see Taehyung.

"Who is it, hyung?" Taehyung's voice answers. I miss him.

Kara pushes me inside while I duck my head. In my peripheral vision, Sul Hee sits on the hospital bed with Taehyung, Yoongi and Jungkook sitting by the couch.

"Yoongi, Jungkook, outside for awhile." Kara says and the two leaves before she shuts the door close. Tears begin to roll down my cheeks as I slowly look up to him. He had a smile plastered on his face but upon seeing me, it slowly faded.

"Eomma?"

"K-kleah?" His voice shaky.

------

Oh my gosh, for years and years of not updating. Here it goes, y'all. Sorry if it's really late but i hope you enjoyed this chap although it's too much of a cliche.

독서를 즐길!