Prelude

Prelude

"You who threaten the balance of the world, the tranquility and stillness of what that's given to beings, I hereby with the rights of the aristocrat of conflicting forces, equilibrium and peace shall take away your rights to live."

His flesh burned under the intense gaze of the raven, the sinner let out a scream of terror and horror. He scratched his skin violently, hoping to provide any comfort for him to escape from this hell.

"Monster, you are a monster!" He screamed and trash and collapsed onto the ground, thrashing and squirming, lifting his bloody finger and pointing it to her.

She flashed her vermilion eyes, a wicked grin grazing her lips.

"Oh." She gasped in feigned surprise, letting out a sinister smile. 

"Did I say you can speak?"

He screamed louder as he felt his tongue being torn apart. His pupils shook, with a shaky breath tears fell out of his eyes. Strings of apologies tumble out of his lips as he begged for the maiden to stop. Falling on his knees, his hands went up to his unruly mope of hair, tugging it fiercely. His pleas became more desperate and loud, Loulisia felt his energy seeping through every gasp of pain he took. She liked it.

"Loulisia, stop." A deep voice spoke from behind, and Loulisia whipped around to find Cadis Etrama Di Raizel. As if something stop possessing her and left her body, she recovered from her trance.

Mouth apart lips quivering, her eyes widened as she realised what she had done. She immediately stopped everything and the man fell to the ground unconscious.

"No." She whispered defeatedly, her eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"I did it again." She spoke quietly. Flashes of memories invaded her line of thoughts and she felt herself breakdown.

"I swore to myself I wouldn't and I did it again."

The noblesse looked sombrely at the woman, squatting down to her crouched figure and pulling her into an embrace, just as he wished that she would embrace her fate and what she had done will not change who she is.

After all, their fates are quite similar.

He is the strongest of all nobles, hence was granted the title of 'the noblesse', a symbol of power within the nobles. A power as majestic and great as his shown itself to be a double edged knife over time, because it depletes his life force to perform his abilities.

It is his fate to die in his own hands when all his life force is exhausted.

She is the aristocrat of equilibrium and peace, thus granting her the power to make judgement when peace is threatened by an outside force. However, her ability will cause her to lose her sanity as she makes judgement by using inhumaine and sadistic methods. It is not matter of choice, but it's part of her divine punishment.

And it is her fate to take her own life when all sanity is lost.