Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Loulisia Xenevia Di Leia was in the middle of jotting on her brown journal when she felt Lexianna walked up behind her. She didn't set her quil pen down and continued writing in neat cursive. The pacing footsteps ceased.

"It's only the second day and you're skipping school already?"

Lexianna, with all the grace she could muster, snorted.

"How I wish life was that easy for me, but you know how is it, life is never normal especially for people like us." She remarked, before elaborating on the events that happened today. "A noble by the name of Rael Kertia dropped by, and he attacked the werewolf guy a few hours ago."

"I would have told you earlier but I couldn't find you."

Loulisia waved off the matter as noble responsibilities. Nonetheless, this caught Loulisia by surprise. She was there to see both Rael and Rajak grow up. He was a cute kid that constantly looked up to his brother.

"Hm, is that the younger son of Ragar Kertia?"

Loulisia observed through the window sill with amusement dancing in her ruby eyes, watching the young boy hiding behind a cream pillar, his eyes observing the older Kertia with admiration and love. He let out an inaudible gasp when he saw his brother flawlessly execute a clan technique.

"Indeed, a curious soul isn't he?" The lord affirmed cheerily, letting out a hearty laugh.

"The resemblance is uncanny alright. Both of them are going to turn out to be heartbreakers. I can feel it."

"You say that as if I'm not here." Ragar, who stood silently at the side since the conversation started, sighed, his keen eyes boring through the silhouettes of his sons. "And don't say it like that, people might have the wrong idea."

Loulisia laughed.

"I wonder how that kid turned out to be."

Lexianna felt her left eye twitch, it seemed like her mistress knew the whole world. According to the science of probability, the chances of her coincidently meeting her missing soulmate, finding him together with the infamous researcher Frankenstein, and along with the remnants of two noble clans, is zero upon the billions of people in the population of earth. And now she knew this apparent brat with serious anger management issues who turned up in school to throw a tantrum.

"How old are you again?"

"A woman's age is her biggest secret Lex, you can't just ask anybody that." She smiled, before closing her journal. She turned her swivel chair to face the girl, taking in her lack of expression.

"How did you feel about what he said?" Loulisia made her sit on the couch, moving in front of her.

Lexianna knew what her mistress was doing. She always did this psycho-analysing thing with her. Ever-since she left the union's lab, she felt like there was something particularly inhumane about her. She could not formulate feelings, empathy was something she read to relate and not felt, being human was difficult for her. To a certain extent, her feelings to protect her mistress guaranteed that she had emotions, but it was still suppressed. Loulisia wanted her to feel emotions.

"I could feel a tightness in my chest cavity when Rael condemned modified humans by making a bias judgment."

"And what did he say?"

"He said that every modified humans are who they are because of greed, to obtain stronger powers so that we can have a higher authority over other species."