Chapter 12

'Always and always.'

Chapter 12

Back in the mansion, two figures laid still on the black couch. Loulisia Xenevie Di Leia slept soundly on the lap of Cadis Etrama Di Raizel, with a baby blue blanket draped over her dainty figure. Raizel kept a palm on her head, brushing her hair aside gentle as his ruby eyes observed the sleeping beauty carefully. She seemed at peace, there were no creases on her forehead or whimpering, which unfortunately is a common occurrence when he wasn't by her side. He wished to preserve this short lived peace that she had.

Hearing the front door click, Raizel turned his sight towards a very jumpy Frankenstein and Lexianna. Frankenstein saw both his master and mistress at the living room and bowed his head. He stood tensely beside the duo, waiting for his master to say something. After a long stretched silence, the noblesse spoke.

"It seems like you had some fun. I could feel you power from here."

"He was stronger than I thought. Of course, I tried to talk to him and make things right.."

" I told you to be polite."

Frankenstein was unable to meet his master's gaze.

"I was well mannered, he started the attack and I had no choice...Oh!" Frankenstein suddenly brightened up. "Seira will prove my innocence."

"But she's not here to prove that."

Loulisia was awakened by the chatter, even thought it was very minimal and soft. She had been for a while, but she just stood still and listened to Raizel reprimand Frankenstein. She loved to see the normalcy between them, it was adorable.

"Raizel, I think that's enough." She laughed, gracefully moving from her sleeping position. She turned her gaze to Frankenstein, her eyes resting worriedly on his hand. It was gloved, but Loulisia knew it was injured.

She stood up and walked towards Frankenstein. Loulisia held his right hand, and slowly slid the glove off. Frankenstein saw how his mistress's eyes saddened at the bloodied and bruised state of his palms. Raizel glanced at the tattered hand.

"Frankenstein, was he so strong that you had to use that?" Raizel questioned, referring to Dark Spear. Frankenstein nodded.

"Yes, he had a soul weapon even though he wasn't a family leader." Frankenstein informed. "Kertia's former Family Leader seemed cold, but he had a soft side. Maybe he couldn't ignore the son that's couldn't become family leader."

"That's true. Ragar always had a soft spot for both of his kids, no matter how impassive and cold he tried to convinced everyone he is." Loulisia smiled, but later grew bitter as she realised that he was no longer here with them.

Lexianna who sat at the opposite couch this whole time, looked at Frankenstein with a knowing look on her face. Loulisia recognised that look and told her to speak up.

"My guess is you helped Ragar Kertia with dividing the soul weapon. It seemed like the most logical explanation because the nobles do not have the knowledge and innovation to formulate such a complex task without any prior experience. You had a friendship with Ragar after all."

"Acquaintance, not friendship. But yes, your deduction was on point." Frankenstein corrected. Lexianna snorted, muttering something along with the lines of 'Frankenstein's a freaking Tsundere'.

"Anyways, I think Gechutel is in an awkward position." Frankenstein continued. "The pure blood of Kertia that came here, he had the purpose of taking Seira to the Lord. Also, she ordered that Regis is not to return together with Seira."