Chapter 11

Chapter 11

She stared as his broad back as he lead her by the wrist. Over the years, she grew used to always staring at this pair of heavily burdened shoulders. Every time she entered the heavy doors to the room he found solace in back in Lukenodia. His eyes hardened considerably, dead gaze set on the front, even though she was sure he didn't know where he was going. Despite all of this, Loulisia knew this was the last thing on his mind.

"Are you mad at me?"

He didn't answer, but his grip slightly tightened around her wrist, not enough to physically inflict any harm. Loulisia couldn't help but let her inner demons grow louder.

'Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. He was the only one to love you for who you are and yet this is how you hurt him, by hurting yourself. The irony.'

'He stepped out of his comfort zone and went miles to do things for you that he wouldn't do for himself. Yet, you couldn't even control this stupid depression, always allowing suicidal thoughts to overcrowd your conscience. You just had to find a way to screw one best thing you had in your life over.'

'You don't deserve a man like him. Maybe everyone else does, but you will never deserve someone like him. You don't deserve his undying love throughout the past centuries, his patience, his concern.'

'You deserve to die.'

Loulisia flinched at the last thought, the deep and depraved voice gnawing in her head. She took a deep shaky breath, something that did not go unnoticed by Cadis Etrama Di Raizel. He stopped walking and turned around.

Loulisia could imagine the look in his eyes.

He didn't say a word, didn't heave a sigh or turned his back on her again. He loosen his grip on her wrist, and with a gentle hand, tilt her chin upwards where both pairs of crimson eyes met.

"I apologise. It was selfish of me to do this." Raizel started, placing his forehead on hers.

It wasn't even possible for Loulisia to feel anymore horrible than she was. She buried her face into her palms, shaking her head repeatedly.

"Don't say that." She managed. "You're the most selfless person I've met, please don't berate yourself in face of my own incompetence." She looked up and caressed his cheek, wanting to wipe that anguished look in his eyes.

Both of the noble beings stayed there for quite a moment, both enjoying the comfort of another. Loulisia was a person who didn't like to let a dampened mood stay, so she shrugged it off and squished both of Raizel's cheeks, taking him by surprise.

"We are ok." She looked at him dead in the eyes.

"We will be ok."

. . .

Lexianna was significantly taken back by Frankenstein's bizarre display of power. He is undefined, ballistic and evil, a person you didn't want to oppose and yet would probably triumph the Union in making a better villain. Lexianna didn't knew how a man like this could stay away from the Union's radar for such a long time.

He fought wildly, uncharacteristically from his composed demeanour back at home and in school. His sapphire eyes brightened at any incoming attacks, growing more aggressive as the seconds ticked by. Frankenstein in action was an abstract painting filled with cacophony of colours, each parading to outshine another.

Aside from that, the weapon he was holding seemed concerning.

Lexianna sat at the side, watching both of the beasts unleashed their wrath towards each other. Rael fought gracefully but waveringly. She didn't feel like interrupting the men's display of macho-ness.