Chapter 8

Chapter 8

In the face of two of the most probably graceful beings in the world, everyone sat more rigidly than usual. They sat poised (which was not a problem for the two nobles, however Tao looks constipated)and the table was filled with different kinds of delicacies.

All but with the exception of Lexianna of course, she could care less as she stuffed her cheeks with desserts. Frankenstein tried his best to ignore the crumbs accumulating on his couch, tipping the teapot at an angle, smooth Darjeeling filled the teacup.

"The Half-Figure Service Meissen porcelain tea set, impressive." Loulisia noted, her eyes taking in the beauty of the meticulously crafted teacup.

"Only the best for you and the master."

Frankenstein never understood his mistress's fascination with pottery, tea sets in general. Back in Lukenodia, she would go off in spontaneous trips just to look for the right piece of tea set just because she felt like it. One of the main reasons he procured the eight hundred and fifty thousand dollar tea set mainly because he thought of her. She would have loved it.

And she did.

"Mistress, if you don't mind, can you tell us what happened that day?"

Loulisia glanced up from her savouring session. Her red eyes held confusion as she assessed the question once more. Then it lit up in recognition.

"Oh, you mean the massacre?"

Frankenstein nodded.

"It's a long story. But long story short, the Union sought for vengeance and there were victims who was not suppose to be involved in this whole ordeal. I was responsible for more than half of the death that day."

Frankenstein tried not to show a grimace, he simply hardened his facial expression. She said that simply, without any sort of remorse as she took a bite of her scone.

"Y-you mean-"

"You mean you tore their faces off and left them to bleed out of their lives with each of their fingers severed?" M-21 seethed instinctively, letting a deep growl.

Although it was very slight, Loulisia stiffened. Frankenstein sent a warning look towards the werewolf, who then widened his eyes in realisation of who she was and apologised immediately. Raizel set his gaze on the werewolf, before turning to his partner. Loulisia glanced at M-21, shaking her head gently.

"Yes, that was me. The others who died more peacefully without having their faces severed from their faces were.." She trailed off, evasively cutting off any thoughts formulating in her mind. "My acquaintances."

"Why did you do it? No living thing deserved that kind of death."

Although he was taught to obey, he couldn't help but feel enraged at the situation. Maybe it was because of his nature to love humans, he couldn't find any adequate explanation onto why a noble such as she would commit such a horrendous and inhuman act. A statement after the other, Frankenstein could sense the all the judgemental attention towards his mistress, and gave Takio a keen look. Takio looked down.

"Don't give him that face Frankenstein, I deserved that." She felt Raizel's hand grip her's, and she felt it again. The guilt was eating her up.

"There was a situation that needed to be addressed. Those people were doing things that would cause catastrophe in the balance of the world. I had to step in. Not in the best way though." She grimaced. The hell in her mind was acting up again, with a lots of echoing murmurs and dark shadows. She stood up, excused herself and left the room after a brief explanation.

Raizel did not follow after. Frankenstein noted that the pain in his eyes were more apparent as compared to the other day. Now that the mistress was here, everything seemed more 'realistic'. It's not that she wasn't real before, nor that her curse was only an imaginative dilemma, but everything felt so distant throughout all these years.

"Loulisia is the aristocrat of peace. It is her burden to bear the sins of the world, and her curse to do it in the most inhumaine ways." Lexianna clarified, feeling uncomfortable, an emotion she hardly encountered, over the judgemental gazes on the direction where her mistress left. She doesn't blame them, she felt absolutely petrified when she first encountered the woman. Loulisia was suppose to be her 'knight in shining armour', but Loulisia's presence felt more malicious and condescending than any other being in that room at the time. Up till this very day, it still gave her chills down spine.

"All sufferings originate from craving, attachment, desire." Raizel spoke after a long period of silence, "And as consequence and price for paying for the sins of the world, her sanity will deplete."

"That's the responsibility of the aristocrat of conflicting forces, equilibrium and peace."

"But no one mentioned such a being existed. I've never heard from any of the family leaders or even the previous lord." Regis recalled, with Seira nodding in confirmation.

Frankenstein pushed up his glasses.

"It was the mistress's wish. All the older generations of family leaders knew that she existed, but the previous lord acknowledged her plea for silence and made it clear that her identity will remain a secret."

"Gejutchel is one of the only ones in Lukenodia who knows as of now, and the Lord herself."

Lexianna huffed and took another piece of cookie, giving her food the undivided attention that they deserved. Her mind seemed to be in a deep unsettling thought, she needed to clear up some stuff because Loulisia doesn't deserve the treatment she was getting.

"I will clarify some things that happened that day." She started, successfully holding everyone's attention. "Before all this happened, there was this specialised division in the Union that is responsible to do research on sirens specifically. As nobles and werewolf exist, it wouldn't be surprising for sirens to exist as well." She paused, making sure everyone was on the same page, before moving on.

"Sirens are extinct both in Lukenodia and on Earth, mainly in the home of sirens, Sirenuse. Therefore there was no progress on Sirens and well," she took another piece of cookie. "The Union grew impatient."

"They tried to resurrect the deceased Siren and succeeded in one. That's when Loulisia had to step in. Sirens are evil by nature, and there was a reason why they were all dead."

Frankenstein nodded, seeing where this was going. It was granted that Loulisia had to step in, and the group of scientist that were conspiring were all dead. The Union who invested a lot in the project found out the Loulisia had killed the whole team was undoubtedly furious.

"That's not the end of it, it seemed they fancied a corpse reunion and had been gathering all of the corpse Loulisia had murdered." Lexianna's scoffed. "They dumped it at that spot all of you gathered around that day along with the people who Sia took care of."

Raizel significantly flinched, which got the attention of the whole room. Frankenstein went to his side. Lexianna could see how the whole room visibly grew anxious and worried over the wellbeing of this man. So he was Loulisia's significant other, the only man who had chained her soul and being, who she devoted all her happiness to. For a noble as filled with such redundant and raw power, she couldn't sense any will to kill from him. From her deduction, he would be a man of forbearance.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw him stood up and walk towards where she assume her mistress was. And the deafening silence followed.

She took another cookie and hummed in bless. It didn't matter to her anyways. But she thought that her enthusiasm for good bakeries mattered to Frankenstein, because he seemed upset when he confiscated the goodies with a growl.

_______________

Hello there :)