{Chapter 26} Closure

Chapter 26

Everything was white. Clear. Beautiful. But there wasn’t anything but white. I wasn’t sure I liked it. It was foggy and somehow brilliantly sunny despite the white cloud that covered, what I assumed to be, the sky. Was I maybe in a cloud? That’s what it certainly looked like.

The second thing I noticed was the lack of pain. There wasn’t any pain here. No snapped limbs. No blood. No vampires. No red eyes. No fire.

I turned in circles, trying to see what else was out there but not finding anything but white. It was starting to irritate me.

Was this the afterlife? Was I dead?

I started to panic. Had I done the selfish thing and abandon him?

Wind started to blow my red hair around my face and it almost looked out of place in white scenery. It was getting stronger and stronger and the force sent me to the ground. The impact didn’t hurt.

I sat there and watched the fog swish around me, fascinated as well by my hair.

Behind me, the fog started to form only what I could describe as a small tornado. The thought of running away didn’t come to me. Something told me that whatever was happening was safe. That I was safe.

The whirlwind disappeared in a puff of smoke and standing in its place were my mother and father. I smiled the biggest I had smiled in a very long time. I was happy that I’d finally got to see them again… though they didn’t look very happy to see me.

I got up anyways and ran towards them. Dad forced a smile and lifted me into his arms, spinning me around before putting me back down and holding my face in his hands.

“So grown up,” he whispered. “So beautiful… What have you done to your hair?” He asked, tugging on it lightly. Again, not even a sliver of pain.

I looked over to my mother. Her beautiful hair, that I had always envied, had grown back and was flowing in thick black waves down to her hips. She smiled warmly and wrapped me in a tight hug.

“I don’t even know what to say.” Her voice sounded broken, like she was crying.  

What I felt then couldn’t quite be described as pain, but it was close. Having lost them and having lived every day without them, but with the pain of losing them, had caused such an intense relief in me that it almost hurt.

“I’ve missed you so much. I love you.” I had started crying. My mom pulled away from me and smiled sadly.

“I know, sweetheart, but you can’t be here. It isn’t your time.” She touched my cheek lightly with the back of her hand.

“What do you mean ‘isn’t my time’? Where is ‘here’?” I asked.

“You don’t need to worry about that right now,” my father said. “Your family needs you. Jonah and Hannah need you. Jace needs you.” I stared at him.

“Jace?” I asked in a whispered.

“He’s hurting. You need to go back to him, while you still can. You don’t belong here. Not right now.” My mother said, pushing me backwards. My head was spinning; I couldn’t understand.

“Mom?” They continued to push me away. “Dad?” I had just gotten them back and now they were asking me to leave?

“We’re always right there, Sophie. Always. We always watch you dance. We watch you ace your tests and we watch you smile and laugh and cry… and cut.” My mom sighed. “We’ve seen the way he looks at you. We are so grateful that Jace came into your life when he did. We are so thankful for all he does for you.”

“At first we were iffy.” My dad cracked a teasing smile.

“But then we saw the good in him and we know he’ll take good care of you. So you need to go back to him. He needs you as much as you need him.” My mother continued.

“We love you,” they both said. “And we’re always watching. We’re always there, holding your hand. Just remember the reason why you’re going to fight through the pain.”

I shook my head frantically. It felt like I was being torn in half. I wanted to stay with my parents, in a world where pain didn’t exist… but Jace needed me.

My heart started to ache. An invisible force was pulling me away from my mother and father and they seemed happy about it. The pain in my chest worsened and I gripped my shirt, ready to claw my heart right out of my chest. I fell to my knees in agony.

“Goodbye, Sophia.” They whispered before disappearing into the fog.

Tears ran down my cheeks as the pain took over, not only my heart, but my whole body. I couldn’t comprehend what was happening.

The force continued to pull me back until my surroundings were no longer white… but black.

Within the deep black waters, I didn’t feel any pain. The water was so cold it put out the fire.

Suddenly, I was lifting. It felt like I was being lifted out of the water.

No, I thought. No please take me back.

The fire got hotter. Hotter. Much too hot. Much, much too hot.

Then there was a sound. A thumping sound. My heart. I had found my heart just in time to wish I never had.

I gasped and took a deep breath in, soon followed by an ear piercing scream.

I forced my eyes open, wondering if I was in hell. The first thing I saw, though my sight was blurring and I was seeing twos, was Jace. A look of worry, then relief crossed his face.

Jace.” I hissed, through my sobs and screams.

“I’m right here, angel. I’m right here.” He reached forward and gripped my good hand in his. His cool touch brought no relief. His touch wasn’t even cold anymore. It felt like magma dripping on my flesh but I didn’t dare pull away.

“It hurts.” I whimpered.

“I know, darling. I’m sorry” –and then away from me, to Carlisle, in a hopeful voice –“is there any way to stop the pain?”

“The morphine –“ another scream “—but it’s too late.”

“Jace please make it stop.” I writhed in the pain of the fiery torcher, which made my spine and ribs flare sickeningly, but I was held still in the steel grip of the others. Jace had my hands, Carlisle had my head and Edward was bracing my legs.

“I’m so sorry, angel.” The pain in Jace’s voice was enough to shut me up. Besides the screams of course.

“We need to move her. She can’t turn here.” Jasper’s voice carried to me. I realized my eyes were closed again. I opened them, only to find Jace’s face twisted into a mask of worry and guilt.

I was starting to lose myself in the fire. There was nothing to hold on to anymore. I was slipping, with nothing to grab. My eyes shut again and I let the fire consume me.

 ~~~~

so basically dance got cancelled and i decided to write. now i should probs go do some homework.. or not.

next update will be sunday..? saturday at the earliest ????????

yup yup yup okayy

well my lovelies i am off.

see you soon

let me know what you think (:

.xx