Chapter Three

Nico

It was going good and we were being friends again. Being nice to each other. I was happy with that.

But when he got back from the bathroom, he didn't say anything at first. He stood by the counter and just sort of watched me make a snack for myself. Why he was doing that, I wish I knew.

When I checked my phone, Jason had texted me saying that if I was still with Percy to maybe like make a move or something. I don't get the chance that often.

Confused, I just ignored it and went back to what I was doing.

And then I realized the expression on Percy's face. He wasn't just watching me or observing me.

He was pondering something. There was something bugging him that he must've found out in the two minutes he spent in the bathroom.

Not wanting to find out something I didn't want to know, I didn't ask. I figured it was probably none of my business. He said him and Annabeth had broken up, maybe it was something to do with her.

But he told me anyways.

"You do know that you could've told me, right?" Percy asked, as if I knew exactly like he was talking about.

"What?" I asked him. "I can't read your mind. What are you talking about?"

He kind of stuttered. He was shocked.

"That you, um..." He decided to change his wording. "The fact that you're..."

The son of Poseidon stopped.

"You're gay."

I stopped where I was and turned around to face him. He um... Percy looked confused, a little hurt by the fact that I didn't tell him.

And I would've. Eventually. Probably given a couple weeks of hanging out again, I would've told him.

So of course, I got defensive. Because I knew it was Jason that told him. Jason, who was supposed to keep his mouth shut.

"No, dude, it's..." I tried to save myself in this situation. Save both of us. "I would've told you, probably after a couple weeks. I haven't told anyone. Jason found out by mistake. Unless they've figured it out themselves, nobody else knows. Well, my dad. But that's a different story. He's my dad. He always knew. I never told him. Just please... Don't feel bad. I already feel bad."

And then I realized that if he knows I'm gay, there's a high possibility he also knows that I like him.

So that was another amazing thing I had to get through in my head.

Not sure if I could say much else, I just gave him a hug. And trust me, I'm not a hugger. At all.

But I just felt bad and I didn't want to ruin any potential we had as friends.

"Sorry." I apologized once more. "I swear I planned on telling you. We just never talked much until now and that one time I came over. And that was... There were bigger problems to worry about."

"Like dying, yeah." He agreed that it was a reasonable excuse for not telling him. "War. All that fun stuff."

Percy returned the hug and I felt like this was okay. Percys straight. I accepted that a long time ago. He liked Annabeth, he's over her now, Jason is being an annoying person because of it. Probably assuming that I have an actual chance with the son of Poseidon.

And, as a friend, I do. But as a boyfriend? Forget it.

With that out of the way, we sat back down in the living room and turned on TV.

It was an accident that we fell asleep cuddling within a half hour.

Paul

I got home a little after three. When I heard the TV, I figured Percy was watching some TV and maybe had a friend over. Just relaxing as Susan slept for a while.

When I looked at the actual couch, though, Percy was asleep. And so was Nico.

And they were cuddling.

Sally had called me, to let me know she was on her way home after about ten minutes.

"I'll wake them up, then," I told my wife. "Nico is here, him and Percy fell asleep before I got home. And one of them is a cuddler. I can't tell which one. But I'll wake them up in a little bit. Did you know Nico was coming over?"

"No," Sally told me. "But he was at the cafe when Percy was there. He isn't going to Camp this summer, either. Must be staying with his mom."

"I suppose," I remarked. "Have you ever met Nico's mom?"

"I haven't, no." She answered, realizing how weird that was after them being friends for at least 3 years now. "We should invite her over for dinner. I don't even know her name, come to think of it."

After a few minutes, I woke them up and asked Nico about his mom. If she would want to come over for dinner.

"My mom?" Nico asked, as if it was a weird question. "I don't know, why?"

"We just figured we've never met her before." I told the son of Hades. "It would be nice to meet her."

"Got it," he said, "I'll ask her."

Nico

When Paul walked out, Percy pointed out our one little obstacle to have my mom over for dinner.

"Nico." Percy told me.

"What?"

"Your mom is dead." He points out to me. "I don't think she'll be able to come over to have dinner."

"Oh," I remarked. "That's um... I mean, Hazel's alive. I can work a miracle in 2 hours if my dad is in a good mood."

"Does this mean we have to go to the Underworld?"

"Yes."