Chapter Twenty One

Percy

Grover texted me to bring Alex and Patrick to camp ASAP.

So the five of us went on a road trip with our pizza. With three children of the Big Three, all three of us had weapons ready on command. Which, as at least Alex apparently being able to see through the Mist, he was freaked out.

"Um, Percy," my friend pointed out, "not to disturb your driving or anything. But there's are things that have been following us for about 10 miles now."

"Things?" I asked, not getting what he was telling me. "What do they look like?"

"Something out of Pokemon or Windel's class, I can't..." He remarked as Nico look out the window and behind us.

"Telkhines." Nico told me. "Right on our tail."

So I went from 65 to 80 in a 55 because it needed to be done. I was not risking their lives because of telkhines.

Did we make it?

Yes.

Did both of them pass out as soon as they got out of the car?

Yes.

They were passed out for 3 days, and woke up not long before dinner. Which gave me time to show Alex around and Nico time to show Patrick around. I was... They elected me back. As leader. I was back in the camp garb.

So yeah.

Once we were out of the infirmary, his voice was working again.

"Where..." Alex spoke up as he looked to the right to see the nymphs playing volleyball with the Aphrodite cabin. Some of them, that was. Piper wasn't there. She was probably with Jason and Leo somewhere.

"They're hot." He told me.

"Which one?" I questioned, as he pointed a little further to the left, to the armory. Where Leo, Jason, and Piper were.

"All three of them." He told me. "But the girl especially."

"Well she's taken," I informed him. "But the Blondie next to her. The other guy is single, though, last I checked. And very openly bisexual. The girl is Piper, her boyfriend is Jason, and their friend is Leo. Jason and Leo are orphans, Piper just chooses to stay here rather than go home with her dad. He doesn't pay too.kuch attention to her as it is."

"You know them?" That seemed to shock him.

"I know just about everyone here." I informed him. "It's my job. Nico's, too."

"Bianca?"

I shook my head.

"Nope," I answered. "Rachel doesn't have to, but he does. I don't think you'd know anyone else here. Not personally, at least. We have a few people here that have the news. Mainly because they go missing. Which, they're not. Usually. Nico has gone missing 3 times, though, and we had 3 run aways come in all at once. We called your parents. You're fine."

Nodding his head, he took that information in. It wasn't much, but what was around us was.

"So what is this place?" Alex questioned as the horn went off to dinner and he followed me to eat. "Like, I'm confused."

"You know how I'm gone in the summer," I told him. "And I always say I'm with my dad?"

"Yeah!"

"I'm not," I admit to lying over the years. "I'm actually here. So is Rachel. Because this was, until very recently, the closest I ever got to my dad. Because you don't know your dad, right?"

He shook his head.

"No, he left before I was born." Alex confirmed what I had thought. "My mom was remarried by the time I was two. Why?"

"Because you're going to find out who your real dad is." I explained. "And it's going to suck. It sucks for everyone. You probably won't know for a few days, at least. Some people it's weeks or months. But this is Camp Half-Blood. And the best way I can put this, that you'll understand, is that all those stupid Greek and Roman myths that's we've been learning about in class. You paid attention, right?"

"Of course. I love the myths." He promised, smiling. It was his favorite class. "What about them?"

"They're not 'myths.'" I tried to explain it to him. "They're real. And that's the simplest way I can explain it to you. Camp Half-Blood is the only place in the world that you are actually safe. Literally. It's a place, along with Camp Jupiter, for demigods and, if you're Roman, descendants of gods to stay and to train for whatever happens when you leave. Camp Half-Blood is the Greek counterpart here in New York. Camp Jupiter, the Roman counterpart, is in California."

I paused, to let him take in that much. Because he does know a good majority of the myths. He knows all the gods. Their names and their domain. He knows Perseus and Hercules and all of that.

Fucking hate Hercules, man.

"Wait," Alex stated as we sat down with our food. "So my dad is a god?"

"Yes," I assured him. "And I don't know who. It's your dad's job to claim you so we know who it is. And I can't promise it's a big shit like Zeus or Poseidon or anything like that. We have 20 cabins, one for each god. Because we don't know yours, though, you'll be in cabin 11. Hermes. He sort of takes in all of the newbies and the unclaimed."

"So I get to meet Hermes?"

I shook my head.

"Sorry, no." I corrected him, getting myself some blue cola. "His kids. You will get to meet Dionysus, but don't call him that. Call him Mr. D. You'll get to meet Chiron, he still trains demigods. You've already met Poseidon. Um... Rachel is the host of the Oracle of Delphi. So she's mortal, but can see through the Mist. Which separates our world from the mortal world. Um, yeah."

"I met Poseidon?" Alex didn't connect that my dad was the god of the seas and he got really excited. Mainly because Poseidon was his favorite. He loves water. And fish. "My favorite god and I met him? When?"

"When you were over the other day." I recalled. "He fed us dinner when my mom got home."

He mouth gaped open.

"You're Poseidon's son?"