Chapter Twenty Six

Percy

In all honestly, I forgot that mom had a half sister. Different mom. Obviously. Mom got Grandma's last name because they broke up before Mom was born. Grandma remarried a different family like of Jackson's in America and yeah. Mom went back and forth from America to Canada until she was 15 and said she wanted to stay in America.

We've been to Canada once since then.

"I'm gonna kill you." Frank told me. "But not really because you scare the absolute shit out of me."

"Frank," Mom insisted. "That's your cousin! Be nice!'

"It's okay, Emily," Percy assured his... His aunt. "Frank has reason to be afraid of me."

Anyways, we talked with them for just a few minutes before heading back downstairs with our friends.

"It wasn't a monster that tried to kill you guys?" Piper asked. "My dad's alive up there?"

"It's fine," Frank promised the daughter of Aphrodite. "Your dad is up there. Perseus here—"

"If you call me Perseus—"

"Your name is Perseus?" Reyna asked as everyone else, aside Rachel and Nico, started to snicker and laugh.

"And I hate it," I responded. "I thought you guys would know that. How many times would Annabeth yell my name on that ship?"

They shrugged.

"You don't think about it, man," Leo explained. "I never put much thought to it, just thought she assumed Percy was short for Perseus. I just don't assume. I met an Alex once and it wasn't short for anything, so I stopped assuming after I called him Alexander and he told me his name wasn't Alexander."

That was... It was a pretty useless story.

The subject was almost let up, but something came to Hazel.

"Wait," Frank's girlfriend pointed out, "how'd you know his name was Perseus?"

"It's a long story." Frank told her. "You'll find out tomorrow."

We relaxed for the rest of the night and we're awoken around 7 the next day. As I go to school, I'm used to it and got up at 6. Piper was up before me, which seemed insane. Making breakfast.

She didn't know how to make pancakes. And everyone wanted pancakes.

"You don't know how to make pancakes?" I asked the daughter of Aphrodite. "Really?"

"I can't find a decent recipe!" She insisted, looking through a recipe book as I walked over and shut it.

"Well thank the gods I'm here," I told her and put the book on the counter behind us. "Because I'm going to teach you how to make pancakes the Jackson way."

"The Jackson way?"

"Yes."

So I got out two bowls, one for each of us, and made sure we had everything and had Piper just repeat everything I did in making them. I'd put flour in, she put flour in, etc...

Jason came up around 6:45, and just sort of rolled his eyes as I walked Piper through making the second batch of pancakes. Because we had to feed a lot of people today.

A lot of hungry teenagers.

"You cheating on me, Piper?" Jason joked with us. "Your food winning him over?"

"What are you talking about?" Piper asked her boyfriend. "I can't cook. Percys the one walking me through this."

Jason faked a gasp as Frank and Rachel came up.