Chapter Fifteen

Percy

I mean, at least Nico wasn't dead. He was very alive. Wouldn't leave my side.

After about a week um... The funeral went well. It was a joined funeral. I didn't have to pay for much. The casket and the burial. Life insurance covered everything else.

But yeah. I wasn't wanting to kill myself every ten minutes now. I had taken to not going back to school yet. Nico goes to school to get both of our work, and that's about the only time he leaves me alone.

I'm not complaining, though. Maria has two full time jobs, so she's never gone. Bianca is at camp. Nico and I take care of Susan. Nico basically takes care of me. He gets on me if I don't eat or if I don't brush my teeth or if I'm not getting out of bed. He gives me an hour after I wake up to get up. If I'm not out of bed, he somehow he gets me out. Breakfast and cuddling downstairs or just things that I like to do that keep my kind off everything.

I was kicked off the swim team. I really didn't care. I talked with Alex a little. He told me how the school was going. Kept me up to date.

He uh... Got up the nerve to ask Patrick out on a date after practice one day. And before Patrick could respond , three guys grabbed his ankles and put him in the pool and tried to drown him.

They got expelled for that.

But aside that, I guess the school took it well. Patrick and him are going out and they're happy.

Nico and I sort of skipped homecoming. But we had a good night together. Susan laid down at a decent time and Nico put on this slow song and he taught me how to dance, because I had no idea how to. Then we just made some popcorn and watched a lot of Disney movies before falling asleep on the couch. When we woke up we had a blanket in us that wasn't there before. So either Nico woke up, or Maria did that coming home.

She works at a bar. Late nights.

I mean, when Nico and I danced that night... It was amazing. I just sort of forgot about everything that had turned to shit and just had a really good time with my boyfriend.

I just wish everything was like that.

Nico

I was going to get Bianca from camp, as she didn't have her lisence yet and I wanted to see everyone. Percy wanted to come and see everyone. But Susan didn't want to do that.

So he's at home. It's been a little over a month since Sally and Paul passed away, and Percy is starting to getting used to having to take care of Susan and living with us. Not having his parents around.

I was dragged into a meeting on Olympus. An annual meeting right before the holidays that we've always had.

Being I hadn't been around for the last year, they were surprised I was there and it was just whatever. But my dad knew that Percy lives with us, so he asked about where he was.

"At home," I told my dad, knowing Poseidon was listening. "With Susan."

"Susan?" My dad responded, in a suggesting tone that I didn't quite get right away as Percy and I are together, and apparently, nobody told Poseidon or my dad. "How long has this Susan been over?"

I have my dad a long look, now knowing that Poseidon was for sure listening.

"Yeah," Poseidon agreed with Dad. "Who is this girl? I haven't heard a word about her from Percy or Tyson."

"Well," I informed me. "Susan has been living there as long as Percy."

"That shouldn't be okay with anyone." My dad remarked.

"She's Percy's little sister." I added. "Who's like four months old. Percy has a boyfriend."

It was obvious that they didn't believe that, but they went along with it as more people started to come in. Coming from around the country, people slowly come in.

Percy somehow managed to show up about 10 minutes later. Tyson was here so he was really excited to see Percy, and so was everyone else.

And of course, he had Susan. Probably couldn't get anyone to watch her on such short notice.

I have never seen Tyson give such a light hug until now, when he noticed Percy had Susan. And everyone was all over Susan.

Apparently, news hadn't gotten to Olympus that Percy and Annabeth aren't a thing anymore.

"You didn't tell me I was a grandma!" Athena told Annabeth, who looked disgusted by that remark.

"That's because that's not mine." Annabeth assured her mother.

"You cheated on my daughter?"

"This is my sister." Percy told the goddess of wisdom.

"So leave her with your mom." My dad remarked, thinking it was stupid he had to bring her here.

Percy seemed surprised that my dad would say that. And I don't blame him. My dad rules the underworld, after all.

"What?" Dad asked.

Percy took in a breath.

"You, of all people." My boyfriend pointed out. "Should know that my parents are dead. I can't really do that anymore, and Maria isn't home, so..."

That threw off my dad, and he told Percy that that couldn't be right. Neither Sally nor Paul were supposed to die yet. Their fates, their sealed fate that can't be changed, said otherwise.

They haven't been judged, either.

And it only takes a couple days to get judged. Not weeks.

It's been three weeks. Percy and I have been together for almost a month. Our one month anniversary is...

Shit.

It's tomorrow.

And I haven't planned anything.

I'm a terrible boyfriend.

Anyways, we had to stay in the underworld that night.

Hades

Nico told me Percy had a boyfriend.

He failed to mention that he was that boyfriend.

I found out the hard way. I had already gotten up, as I don't need to sleep, but enjoy doing so. And I went to see if Nico and Percy were awake yet, and they were asleep. I imagine Susan woke up in the middle of the night and I didn't hear it.

Sally and Paul were in the process of going from being dead to alive. It'll take another 6 hours or so. They'll be back by dinner.

But I went to check on them, and I wasn't sure if one of them was just a cuddler or what was going on. So Nico had his planner open and, being nosy, I looked in it. Just this month.

Today.

Today had something important written on it.

Today was their one month anniversary.