Chapter Sixteen

Sally

I woke up at home, in bed. Paul was there. But aside that, it was empty. Both Percy and Susan were gone.

But I suppose, we died. For whatever reason, Hades told us we weren't supposed to and there was an error and so were back.

I'll go with it. I get to actually raise my kid, then. And not leave Percy to do it.

I feel like he'll appreciate that.

Anyways, I woke Paul up before getting up and deciding that ordering Chinese sounded like a good first meal. I doubted that Percy would be home soon, so I just ordered enough for Paul and I.

As a way to celebrate being alive, we went out for dinner that night.

Percy

Maria offered to watch Susan for however long we needed her to, as it was her day off. Just so we could enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about her constantly.

It was... It was a really good day. When I woke up, we all had a big breakfast in the Underworld and Hades had asked us what our plans were for today. He found out about us. Probably through Nico or Bianca.

He didn't seem to mind, though. Which was nice. Wasn't rude to me or anything. Persephone loved it. Demeter is... She's Demeter.

Either way, it was a good day and we went out for lunch. Agreed that pizza and a movie was a good idea for dinner. Something to relax and wind down.

Nico suggested that, because the place hasn't been sold or anything yet, and it's still owned by my family, that we go to my mom's apartment and do that. That way, we don't have to worry about Susan. We just told Maria we won't be home until late.

It had been my first time actually there since I left, after they died. Nothing has been touched. So that was... It was weird at first.

"Hey," Nico told me, ripping me away from the past of which was this home. "Don't get all sad on me, okay? It's been a really good day, we're going to have a great time eating pizza and watching movies, alright?"

I got four pieces in and a half hour into the movie before the fact that I hadn't slept in basically 3 weeks caught up with me and I became a koala on Nico.

It was nice. Sleeping.

Poseidon

I was going to just some food to go for dinner tonight, as I wasn't in the mood for anything fancy. I wanted a little greasy something.

But I ran into Sally doing so. When I walked in, she was sitting at a table. Alone.

At first, I wondered where Paul was. As much as I hate it, they're married and they have a kid now. On top of that, Percy hates me. My chances are gone.

But she seemed a little down. Luke she just received some bad news.

Ignoring the whole her having been dead thing, I walked over. Knowing it was risky, I took my chances. I haven't seen Sally for years. Percys 15th birthday party. Paul proposed right after I left. And she said yes.

But anyways, I sat down as she was looking at the menu.

"Hey, Sally," I said hi, just to let her know I was here. "Are you okay? You look a little down."

"What?" She asked as she looked up from her menu and my heart did this thing. You know the thing, when you really like someone and just... It does a thing. "oh, hi! I'm fine, I guess. Do I look that bad?"

"No!" I insisted, not wanting to sound like the asshole Percy thinks I am. "No, you don't, Sally. You just look like you were told bad news or something. Um..."

I looked around to make sure he wasn't here.

"Where's Paul?"

"With his ex." Sally told me. "He saw her and said thank gods we're not legally married."

I don't think you understand how bad I felt when she told me that. Because that meant that they broke up.

And that they never got married.

And he left her.

For his ex.

"Oh my gods, Sally, I'm..." I commented, not sure what to say. Because I felt terrible for her. She seemed happy with him. She wasn't very happy with Gabe. So I think Paul was like heaven on earth to her. "I'm sorry."

She shrugged.

"He's been waiting for an excuse since he met Percy," the mother of my oldest mortal son told me. "He just heard he was a trouble maker and tried to give him a chance and acted like he liked him and just... When he found out about Camp and what not, he was just waiting for something to tear everything apart. Lost his patience, I guess."

We ended up having dinner together and I paid, of course. It wasn't a date, but it's still just a good thing to do.

Okay, it was sort of a date. But neither of us wanted to admit that.

So I decided to ask about what Nico told us yesterday.

"Nico was on Olympus yesterday," I told Sally. "And Percy was, too. I forgot to ask him. But do you know anything about Percy dating anyone? Apparently him and Annabeth broke up. Which, I'm glad. Annabeth is nice. But not to him."

"Yeah," she agreed as we were walking to her apartment. "I told him to break up with her a couple times before he actually did it. I'm just glad to hear he's still in that relationship. it's good for both of them."

"Who is he with, though?" I clarified what my actual question was. "Nico never told us who it was, and nobody brought it up to Percy."

"Oh!" Sally remarked, getting what I was trying to ask her. "It seems obvious once it's pointed out. Him and Nico started dating probably a month or so ago. They were sort of flirting most of the summer, though. Percy just never had the guts to ask Nico out until about a month ago."

I... Um... I just..

"Everything makes sense now."

We made it to her apartment and she invited me inside. Percy and Nico were out cold, Maria's number written on the fridge as she must have Susan, and there was no hope of waking them up. Especially Percy.

We checked his pulse, just to make sure he was alive.

But anyways, Sally and I had a little dessert and got flirty with one another.

That night, we had sex before going to bed. And I don't think either of us thought twice about it.