Chapter Twelve

Hades

My life was going great again. Bianca was back and Nico was happy. Poseidon, on the other hand, looked like shit at our meeting.

We were supposed to get all of our kids at camp so they could come here because of shit that only Zeus really knows about so far. Zeus and Chiron. But Nico's stubborn. I didn't even try asking him. He's happy in school and living with his Mom and being with Percy. I'm not messing that up. If Percy and Bianca went, he would, too.

Cabin 3's spot was empty. Which caused a commotion at the start of the meeting. Where's Percy, you know?

And Bianca did come. So everyone was asking her where Percy was. Why wasn't he here. Or Nico, for that matter.

"I don't know!" My daughter insisted. "I wasn't at home when I got the message. I'm guessing Nico didn't get it or something, and I don't know about Percy. Probably the same thing. You're his best friend, Grover. What did he say?'

Grover shrugged.

"We haven't talked in a few days," Grover explained. "I wouldn't know. I mean, he probably thought it was summer stuff. And it's not like he was here in the summer."

"Yeah," Leo Valdez remarked. "I miss him. He never came by like he said he would."

"Poseidon," I said, earning my brother's attention. "did you stop by the apartment?"

Poseidon nodded his head.

"Yes," Poseidon confirmed. "I stopped by and tried talking to him. He wanted nothing to do with this or with me. Said that if you guys needed him, you can go to him and drag him to Camp. Nico never said anything. He stayed out of it. So he knows. He just didn't care."

"Well, I understand him being upset with you." Hermes cut in. "He's just like Luke, after all. But what's so bad about camp that he wouldn't want to go anymore? He loved it last year."

Poseidon shrugged.

"I don't know," he told Luke Castellans father. "Apparently, whatever it was, I wouldn't get it."

Now, curious and worried about Percy, we decide to send out an signal to find him and IM him.

And we found him, and it showed him in... In some sort of therapy.

Now worried more so, we watched an entire therapy session.

"How are you feeling, Percy?" The lady asked him as she sat down across from him in a chair.

Percy just... He looked exhausted. Like he hadn't slept in weeks and sort of like he had given up on life.

I mean, he looked dead inside.

"Like I should be dead."

"Really?" The lady asked, as if he didn't look dead inside already. "And why is that?"

Percy already looked tired of her bullshit, and she's asked him two questions. It hasn't even been five minutes.

"Because my life is one pile of shit after another." Percy told her. "Because I want to kill myself. Why else would I say that?"

Percy

It's been five minutes and I already want to kill myself.

Nico and my parents are the only people treating me normal, aside Maria. But Bianca was around. She went to Camp. And Patrick was giving me constant shit about everything under the sun. The only thing he never made fun of was me being bi, because he's gay.

Alex won't talk to me unless he needs to now. After having the nerve to out me to the entire school (which didn't take it as well as it did Nico) he had the nerve to give me the silent treatment.

So yeah. The only things keeping me from killing myself was my family, Nico included in that. I've barely eaten in the last 72 hours. I threw up most of what went down.

I've been resisting killing myself for a week. The first time Nico heard me say something, that was it. He booked me here.

And I'm never going back.

Patrick

My mom was here to visit and see Dad and I again. I guess after I died and once Mom was moved out and everything, they just never talked. They never could.

Dad didn't even know she'd be here. She had been here for about ten minutes when Percy got back from therapy. His first therapy session.

Now, not long before Mom became pregnant with me, Mom and Dad had been on a break  and he was with another woman during this time.

So when she saw Percy, she assumed he was Paul's biological son.

"So they did have a kid," Mom remarked, after figuring that Percy was around my age. "That liar."

Turning around, Percy noticed my mother.

"I'm sorry," he remarked. "Who are you?"

"Paul's Ex-wife." She informed him. "You must be his son!"

Percy sort of looked at her.

"Um..." My step brother started. "I mean, Paul is my step-dad, if that's what you mean."

"He got married?"

Percy nodded his head.

"Two years ago, yeah." Percy informed her. "It was a nice wedding. Small. There wasn't many people to invite as it was. Paul had his parents, siblings. Grandma. And then a friend maybe? I don't know, I couldn't make the wedding."

"You..." I remarked, looking at him and paused for a minute.

That didn't make sense.

"You didn't make your mom's wedding?"

He shook his head.

"I wanted to," he told us. "But I... I don't know. Other crap and my dad and just..."

The phone started to ring, so I answered. The home line.

"Hello," I said, pressing the button to answer the call. "Who is this?"

"Hi, Patrick, it's Nico." My step brothers boyfriend said over the phone. "Please tell me Percy and Paul are home."

"Well, Percy is." I confirmed half of what he was asking for. "Um, Dad is probably running late or something. It's Friday, after all. Is everything all right?"

"Um..." He sounded frantic. "Sort of, not really. How calm is Percy?"

I looked over at him.

"He seems fine," I reported. "A little tired, maybe. Why?"

"There was an accident," Nico explained. "My mom was watching Susan and Sally was down the road and um... A semi lost control and Sally's car is now below the bridge here, which is about a 75 foot drop."

"So she's is in her car?"

"I don't know, I haven't looked." He told me. "But um... She's very dead. First reposenders are on the way and just... I'm on my way now, I'm taking back roads. I have Susan with me. It won't be longer than 5 minutes. So just keep him how he is or better until I arrive. Please."