Chapter Eighteen

Poseidon

"You're what?"

"Pregnant."

So Zeus won't be happy with me, because I know he'll hear about this soon enough and he'll try to get me back to Olympus and it's not working this time. The rule has been revoked. I'm raising this child.

I want a family. An actual family that Sally had with Paul, and that Percy is going to have with Nico.

Trust me, we've been waiting for them to get together. For quite a while, too. Not long before Percy and Annabeth got together, I believe.

Yeah, nobody liked that relationship up on Olympus. Eros tried to get Nico to make a move, but he just managed to get Nico and Jason to hate him.

So um... Another kid.

This is going to be an adventure.

Percy

Paul transferred to teaching Senior English and I was in his class. With Bianca, Alex, and Patrick.

It's my first day back. Monday. I was going to be placed back on the swim team as sections was tomorrow, and Paul turned into an asshole.

This is a small class, mind you. 13 people.

And let me explain that I was pissed off with Paul for what he did.

When my mom died, I was devastated. But I thought that if Paul was there, it'd be easier. To cope, to handle Susan, for everything.

But he couldn't push through. Not even for a little bit.

Nope, he was a coward and killed himself.

So yeah, I'm pissed off. Mentally, there was nothing wrong with him. He had a check up a week before that. He was healthy in every aspect.

But he slit his throat, and nobody at the school knows because the Mist covered everything up.

Not to mention the things he did to my mom. He never touched me. But if my mom didn't want it, gods forbid. She acted like nothing was going on. But I'm not dumb. The neighbors asked me about it. Because they knew my parents would deny it.

Of course, the authorities didn't believe me.

So yeah, I don't like Paul. It's assholes like him that make me terrified of letting my mom go off and meet somebody that, gods forbid, will make her happy and not hurt her. Because, unless my dad keeps up how he's been and doesn't leave, that man has yet to come around.

And Paul could tell I was pissed with him.

I was talking with Alex about our Civics class, when Red walked in. Rachel Elizabeth Dare. I didn't know she was back here, but she sat down next to me. And she knew I wasn't happy.

"Are you alright, Percy?" Rachel asked me, confused. "I mean, I hate school, too. But you look like you're going to kill someone."

"What?" I asked her. "Oh, yeah. If he touches me, or anyone, I might."

"Blowfish?" Alex asked me. "I mean, Patrick told me he isn't with your mom anymore but I mean... That's divorce. It happens."

"No, I'm glad he left." I clarified to Alex. "He uh... I'll tell you guys after class."

We were um... It was half way through class when the principal had walked in and Paul was just giving Bianca a hard time because of her dyslexia.

"Come on, di Angelo," Paul remarked as if he was 10 and couldn't wait. "You can't be this stupid. It's one word."

"Back off," I told him. "She has dyslexia. You don't have to be rude about it."

Not noticing the principal, he didn't like that and walked over as if to threaten me. And that terrified Patrick, because based off the marks on his shoulder and arms, he sees Paul mad. And it's like Gabe.

But I've gone through this shit. And worse. And I'm not backing down.

Not anymore.

I don't care if it gets me in prison. I don't care if he ends up dead.

He's not touching anyone. And when I say touching, I mean it both ways. Because according to Patrick, Paul got drunk one night not that long ago and his mom wasn't home.

So Patrick got it.

When I heard that, I was thankful he never did that to me. But, then again, I wasn't home enough to see him like that.

He got up close and personal, which had the principal's attention, and I'm pretty sure he texted the Dean to come down. Because she showed up 30 seconds later.

"Do you wanna mouth off to me?" Paul asked me. "Because, please do. I still have parental rights over you."

I laughed in his face as the Dean walked in.

"You never did." I corrected him. "If you want me to mouth off to you, I'm not afraid to get expelled and go to prison. But then again, I'd be there with you. So I'd rather not."

"Why should I be in prison?"

"I think you know why."

"No," he humored the fact that everyone was around. And he didn't think I had the guts to expose him. "I don't. Tell me. Why should I be thrown in jail?"

He um... He started to raise his hand. And he knew I hated high-fives. They terrify me. Normally, I'd back off and shut up for the next three days.

But I had reached my limit with him and with Gabe and when he threatened to hit me, something the principal and the Dean both obviously saw, I slammed him against the wall. Something kids and Gabe did to me time and time again.

"Do you really want to test me?" I warned Paul Blofis, as this was the first time he's ever seen me mad. The first time he's ever seen me this far out. "I am not afraid to hurt you, just like you hurt my mother and me and your son and every other student here that you didn't deem 'worthy' of your stupid standards. I am tired of keeping my mouth shut because of people like you, of not being able to sleep because of you assholes. If you wanted me act like nothing happened while you were around, too fucking bad. You're going to go to prison for the shit you did and I'll laugh because you wouldn't survive a night in juve, much less prison."

It took Rachel, Alex (who can lift 385, mind you), and Bianca prying at me for me to back off because I was going to kill him.

And I understood Luke at that exact moment.

I was ready to do anything to make sure he was anywhere around anyone he could hurt.

Meaning I was ready to kill him.