Projects

Sabrina's POV
I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It buzzed over and over again, making my headache worse. Headache? Wait, why do I have a headache? I don't remember doing anything yesterday that would have caused a headache. I shrugged. I crawled out of bed, and go downstairs to the kitchen, already finding my mom making herself breakfast. "Your up!" She exclaimed. "How do you feel?" "What?" I ask. "How do you feel?" She repeats herself. "You came home last night drunk."

"I was drunk?"

"Yes. You were brought home by some boy, and you couldn't even stand."

"What boy?"

"I can't remember his name. John? No. Something with a 'J'"

"Jonah?"

"Yeah. That's the one."

"Wait, I think I remember now. We were at a party, I think."

"Well whatever it was, you drank way too much."

"Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again."

"Yeah, sure. Now take these two Tylenol, and go get ready for school."

"Okay." I say as I take the pills, along with a glass of water. I rush upstairs to get ready. I get dressed in black leggings, a white crop top, and my black vans. I throw my hair into a ponytail, and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I head downstairs when I'm done, and grab a granola bar. I grab my keys, and walk towards the front door. "Bye mom!" I yell. "Wait!" She yells back. "What?" I ask. "Your not driving to school today. Jonah's driving you." "But-" I start, but I got cut off by the doorbell. My mom motions me to the front door, and I open it to see a tall, handsome boy smiling at me. "Hey." He says. "Hi." I wave. "Are you feeling better?" "I wouldn't put it that way." I say, bringing by hand up to my temple. "Let's go." We get in the car, and we back out of the driveway. I have six minutes to talk to Jonah privately. What should I say? He interrupts my thoughts by starting the conversation. "So, did you like meeting the boys this weekend?" "Yeah. I'm glad I did. They're all really nice, and I would love to hang out with you guys again." I answer. "That's good. They were really excited to meet you. They are coming back next weekend, so maybe we can hang out again?" "Hell yeah." I say trying to sound an enthusiastic as I can, considering my head is pounding. He smiles at me, and I can't help but smile back. He makes me feel safe, and special. Like I actually mean something. We eventually pull up to the school, and we both get out. "Wanna walk with me to first period?" I ask. "Sure." He replies.

Jonah's POV
I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask out Sabrina right now, and I'm not going to chicken out. "Wanna walk with me to first period?" She asks. "Sure." I reply. This is my chance. As we walk down the hallway, I can't stop fiddling with my thumbs. I can do this. "Jonah, are you okay?" She asks me. "Y-Yeah I'm fine."

"No your not. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong, Sabrina."

"Jonah, you can trust me. What is it?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Whatever you say..."

As we keep walking, Sabrina keeps glancing over at me with a worried expression on her face. "Sabrina? I-I want to ask you something..." I manage to spit out. "Yes Jonah?" "Um... will-" I got interrupted by the bell. Damnit. "Never mind. It's not important." I sigh. We walk into class and sit down. Mr. Flip stands up from his computer, and paces around the class. "So," he announced. "We will be starting our first class project. I will be assigning you to a partner, and the two of you will be working on this project. For this assignment, you will be writing about anything you have experienced with this person. For example, if I was to work with Sabrina," he points to Sabrina, "I would write about how great of a student she is. Understood?" The class nods. "These are the groups. Stacey and Mark, Luke and Stephanie, Ryan and Carly..." he keeps naming people, and I eventually hear my name. "Jonah and... Sabrina." Score. We looked at each other and smiled. This is going to be the best project ever.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I know this chapter is not that interesting but I promise the next one will be better. I'm thinking about writing another fan fiction, but not of Why Don't We. I was thinking the Dolan Twins, but comment and lmk what you think. Thanks for 1k reads!