That girl

* Riley Bennett *

I hungrily kissed the girls who's name I had forgotten. Her lips were rough and tasted like Chapstick. In any other situation I would have pushed her away but she is REALLY hot and practically threw herself at me. So who was I to refuse.

"Riley, I'm home!" I heard my mother yelled from downstairs. I groaned against the girls lips and pushed her away. She let out an annoying whine that almost made me cringe.

"You have to leave." I said breathlessly. The girl shot me a confused look.

"Why?" she asked in a childish tone. What was she eight? When someone says 'you have to go' you go, no questions asked.

"Because my moms home. We can't do this now, maybe another time." I lied.

The bleach blond frowned.

"Fine. But only if you give me one last goodbye kiss." she smirked shamelessly. How desperate could you be? But then again.......

I gave in and kissed the blond deeply one last time before pushing her on to patio. I watched her sneak across the back yard and out the fence. when she was out of sight I let out a big breath.

That was close.

I made my way down stair and found mom sitting at the kitchen table writing in her 'psycho journal' as I called it.

"Sup mom." I greeted, grabbing a pop from the fridge and sitting down next to her. She ignored me and continued writing. This was a usual thing with us. She would come home, tired and annoyed, ignore me till she finished her work, talk to me for a few seconds than go to bed. I didn't blame her though. If I had to listen to people complain and talk about their problems all day I would probably kill myself. But somehow my mom found a living in it.

"Just a tough day at work." she mumbled, running a hand through her dyed blond hair. Originally she had brown hair, like me, but when the grey started to creep in she decided to go for a new color. It looked.....odd on her. You could obviously see her roots were brown and it have her a look that screamed 'desperate to stay young'.

"Yeah, like what." I asked. It was hard for mom to talk about work, especially with the whole Patient Confidentiality thing.

"It's just this girl I've been seeing. You've met her before I think, when you needed the keys to the car." mom chose her words carefully. I remember that day perfectly. Me and that girl from upstairs had went to the movies together. Damn it what was her name?

"Um.....I don't remember her." I said. I didn't remember the girl. I have a habit of not paying attention to things I don't want/need.

"Yeah well she's.........depressed......and nothing I've tried is helping." Mom trailed off. There was an awkward silence between us before.....

"Hellen!" I yelled. Moms head perked up shooting me a confused look.

"What?!" she asked.

oh shit. she caught me. What do I say? Oh that's just the name of the girl I almost f***ed before you came home?

"Oh just a friend I saw earlier. I couldn't remember her name but didn't want to be rude." I played off. Mom seemed to think for a moment before shrugging and standing up.

"Well I need to get to bed. Long day. Make sure you put away the dishes." she said as she headed for the stairs. I nodded.

With a sigh I went over to the counter and started to put away the dishes.

Another day in the Bennett house.