More than I thought

* Violet Blake *

I stared at the pills Tammy had prescribed me. If I took more than five of them there would be now way anyone could stop me again. The drugs would run through my system, poisoning me from the inside. Once I took them there would be no going back.

But why did I hesitate?

Why did I hesitate to bring the handful of pill to my mouth? I didn't hesitate last time. So whats the difference now?

Riley

No! I didn't mean anything to him. He was just playing with me, trying to score with the suicidal girl. Like he does with every other girl. Last night I must have done or said something that told him it would never happen and he gave up. That's the only explanation. I didn't mean anything to him. He doesn't care about me. I'm just another speck on the earth.

With a shaky hand, I slowly lifted my hand to my mouth.

"Violet! It's time for your appointment with Dr. Bennett!" my mother yelled from downstairs. I quickly withdrew the handful of pills from my mouth and put them back in the container.

Later.

Grabbing my phone from my nightstand, I made my way downstairs.

As soon as my mother saw me a bright smile lit up her face.

Ever since this morning she had been acting weird around me. Everyone has. They seem almost happy.

It's unsettling.

* Riley Bennett *

I missed her. I couldn't stop thinking of her. Everything reminded me of her. My blue sheets reminded me of her dress, my phone made me want to call her, I couldn't even hang out with my friend without somehow relating them to her.

Whats wrong with me?

I didn't even know her! I just met her a couple weeks ago. This is unbelievable! I have never been this....attached to a girl before. All I could do was think of her and that hurt look on her face earlier. I actually made me feel...bad.

There has to be something wrong with me.

* Violet Blake *

"How are you Violet?" Tammy asked me. I stayed silent. For some unknown reason I was pissed at her.

"Violet?" she asked again. I didn't reply.

"Violet have I in some way offended you?"

That's what did it. Offended me? Her god damn son gave me hope only to stomp on it like I was worth nothing.

I guess, to him, I was.

"No, I just, have a lot of things on my mind." I lied.

How could she raise a son so vile? Treating girl like nothing, as if there plaything in his little game. How could she not see what he was doing. Or better yet, if she did how could she live with that? Knowing her son was whoring around, not giving a damn about who's heart he breaks. Riley wasn't the one to blame, it was her. It was her fault she let him grow up to be this filthy pig! Her fault she allowed him to think it's okay to treat women like play things. Her fault!

"You don't seem fine Violet." she said softly.

How can she be so calm? She oblivious to what she's created.

"Yeah well." I mumbled. I didn't know what to say. In that moment I just wanted to go home and take my pill.

To be over with the world.

* Riley Bennett *

That's it I admit it!

I like Violet!

That's right I, Riley Bennett, stupid like like the crazy suicidal girl. She gorgeous and smart and real. Deep down I know she's a good person. It's just they way people treat her to lead to the way she acts.

I don't even care if I'm wrong and she really is suicidal. I don't care if I get heart broken. I just want to be with her while she's still here.

* Violet Blake *

We have gone through small talk for what seemed like hours. It felt like the first day after my incident again.

"Violet you-" Tammy was cut off by her door flying open.

"Mom I-!" I heard him about to yell.

Oh no.

Slowly I turned around to look at Riley. He was still wearing the same clothes from school. A black t-shirt and jeans, his hair was messy like he had been running his fingers threw it and his shoes were untied. His deep eyes bore into mine.

"Hey." he greeted lightly.

"Hey."