Fight

* Violet Blake *

All class my thoughts were clouded by Riley. I couldn't stop it. Every time I tried to pay attention my thoughts somehow went back to Riley.

This is bad isn't it.

What if I turn out to be another one of his toys and once I depend on him, he'll leave me. My stomach clenched at the thought. I don't know how this happened. One minute we didn't even know each other existed then I'm starting to fall for him. What a crazy world.

RING!!!!

As soon as the bell rang I hurried out of the class. I just want to get this over with so I can see....

James?

Leaning against my locker was the man I've tried so hard to forget. I felt my blood cool over.

H-how is this possible?

With shaky legs I slowly started walking toward him, my books clutched to my chest. He looked the same. Short brown hair and piercing green eyes, that haunted my dreams. When I came a foot from him I was ready to faint.

"Hello Vi." he greeted. A chill went through me at the nickname. His eyes were cold and emotionless. Like mine.

"What are you doing here?" I bit, trying to hide my fear. I knew he saw right through it. He always did.

"Saw you on the news, thought I'd say hi." he shrugged. I sent him a glare.

"Yeah well leave. I don't want you around me anymore." I snapped. He chuckled lightly. But it wasn't one that warmed my heart, like Riley's, it was dark, evil. Like him.

"Oh Violet. You know you can't replace me. No matter how much lover boy likes you." he stated, pushing off the lockers and taking a step towards me. He was so close I could feel his breath mingle with mine. I didn't know what to do. If I ran, he'd just find me again.

James leaned down so we were at eyes level. Then he said six words that would haunt me forever.

"You will always belong to me."

* Riley Bennett *

I walked out of my class with a smile on my face. And it was all because of Violet. For once I actually felt good about what i was doing. Before, after each girl, i would feel a ping of guilt for them which i would ignore. Now it felt good fighting something i wanted.

But that smile didn't last long. When i turned the corner I saw Violet really close to some man. I stood stunned. Then i saw the man glance up at me and smirk.

What the-

before i could finish that thought the man swooped in and captured Violet in a kiss.

I felt my stomach clenched, like my fists on my book.

What the f***!

I confess to the one girl i truly like i might be falling for her and she does that with someone else. I feel so stupid. So played. How could i think she's different. She's not. She's just like all the rest of them. They want to be seen with me but not actually be with me. Why did i let her get to me? I should have never even talked to her in the first place! She's a nobody. She's crazy! And she still pulled one over on me!

In a stated of pure anger, I turned around and walked away.

* Violet Blake *

I pushed him away in pure disgust.

How dare he! I have Riley! I would never love him again! After what he did to me, no one could. He should be lucky i don't call the cops on him for harassment.

"What the f***!" I screamed. He just smirked. But not at me. At something behind me. I snapped around and saw Riley walking away from us.

He did that so Riley saw!

I turned back to him and slapped him straight across the face. I didn't take time to see his reaction because i ran after Riley. He was striding down the hall, clearly angry but i didn't let that stop me.

Running up to him, I caught his arm forcing him to stop.

"Riley." i tried.

"No! Don't say anything!" he yelled and started walking again. I didn't give up. I can't lose him. Not now.

"You have to listen to me!" i ran in front of him to block him from walking away.

"Why? Why should I? I see you with some guy just a half an hour after I kissed you! You know what that looks like right! It looks like your just another tramp!" he boomed. I tried to ignore his insult but it still hurt. Anger burned in his eyes but i didn't let it scare me. He would understand if he knew what really happened.

Right?

"It's not like that!"

"Really? It's not? You know i thought you were different. Sure you have a sketchy past but i guess that doesn't stop you from being a heartless bi***!" He started walking again but this time i couldn't go after him. His words stung to much.

That's when i realized it was the end. For me and Riley, for family, everything.

because i had lost my one thing to live for.