The next day

* Violet Blake *

When I woke up the next morning I felt......weird.

Maybe the pills haven't quite passed through my system yet?

No that couldn't be it.

Riley.

Riley. Your boyfriend? Was he my boyfriend now? I mean yes he did confess his feeling for me yesterday but he never really asked me to be his girlfriend. Am I being paranoid?

What if he doesn't talk to me anymore now that he told me he liked me?

Oh no! What did I do!

"Honey! It's time for school!" mom yelled from downstairs.

Urg! doesn't she understand I'm in the middle of a cris- wait!

I'm worrying about that same things I resent people for. Oh no whats happening to me?

Riley.

Him. He's the reason I'm feeling all this.

It feels good. It feels good to feel. To feel real emotions without some stupid pills.

Wow, I feel......normal?

* * *

When I got to school I shoved my books in my locker, as always, and tried to get to class. Pulling my calculus book out, I shut my locker, almost screaming when a figure was revealed.

"Holy shit! You scared me!" I clutched my book to my chest. Riley just smirked at me, still leaning on the locker next to mine.

"I didn't know you could swear?" he teased. Pushing himself off the locker, he took a step closer to me. It took everything in me not to take one back. He smelt so good. Like apples and cinnamon. I would have guessed he smelt like some strong cologne but know, his scent was almost...natural.

"You don't know everything about me." I smiled lightly.

wait what?!

Violet Blake are you........flirting?

He let out a light chuckled that caused all my thoughts to fly out the window.

"Yeah well hopefully we could change that." he mumbled huskily, now only centimeters from me. I felt my breathing shallow. H-he's flirting back with me?

Of course he is Violet, he told you yesterday he wanted to be with you!

"Y-yeah. Sure." I stuttered. Good job Violet. Stuttering.

He laughed again. "your cute when you act all shy."

my heart stopped. Did he just-?

"What?" I asked dumbly, looking up at him. He towered over me by at least five inches. there was a smirk plastered on his face only not in a tantalizing way. A loving way.

"I said" Riley leaned down so our lips were only centimeters apart.

HE'S GOING TO KISS YOU!!!! HE'S GOING TO KISS YOU!!!!

"your really cute why you act shy." he whispered. I felt my breath caught. Is he-?

My thoughts were cut short when soft lips connected with mine.

Fireworks exploded! Butterflies flew! Everything that's happens in those cheesy romantic movies when the couple kisses happened. I felt myself sigh and relaxed into the kiss. But all to soon he pulled away. I gaped at him.

Why did he pull away?

He smirked again, seemed to read my mind.

"We have to get to class." he mumbled. I looked back up at him and his red were darker than I remembered.

Did he-?

Again I forgot about thinking when Riley planted a soft kiss on my cheek and walked away.

I almost jumped with joy. He did like me! Oh my god! this has never happened before!

Well.......

Pushing those memories away, I went to class feeling much more......alive.

***

* James Harland *

I saw her on tv. The bitch finally cracked. I knew she would. She was never the most stable person.

Smirking I walked into my old school. Same as when I left. Clashing colors, dingy lockers, pealed up tiles.

What a dump.

Good thing I won't be here for long. Just get Violet and leave. I nodded at my plan. I turned the corner and stopped at what I saw.

It was Violet. Kissing someone!

What the f***!

The guy pulled away before kissing her cheek and walking away. Neither of them had noticed me. I ducked behind the wall just as Violet entered a class.

So Violet has a new boy toy. Huh? This should be fun.