I do know you

* Violet Blake *

"So Violet, how was your first day back at school?" Tammy asked.

Here we go again.

"Normal." I stated simply.

"Anyone talk to you about why you were gone?"

I shrugged. One or two had but I knew they all had given up on me by now. I was a lost cause. Even I knew that.

"Did you see anyone you missed? Maybe a boyfriend?" she tried. I laughed out loud. Boyfriend? Please. the closest thing I had to a boyfriend was Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds.

"Boyfriend? Thats funny." I smirked. Tammy frowned at me.

"Violet, we've been beating around the bush for a while now and I am just going to come out and say it."

"Why are you depressed?"

Did she really just ask me that? I can't believe my ears. Perfect Tammy Bennett had given up on me. Her lame excuse for therapy had final lost. She didn't know why I was depressed. Had I won?

"Why am I depressed?" I repeated, trying to figure out if this was really happening.

"Your asking me why I'm depressed?" I clarified. Tammy nodded and stared at me eagerly. I can't believe it. Of course I knew why I was depressed. I just couldn't believe perfect Tammy couldn't figure it out.

"Well...I'm depressed because......everyone else is." I stated. Judging by the confused look I got from Tammy she wanted me to explain. So I did.

"I'm depressed because that's what everyone else is and that's what they expect from me. My moms depressed, my dads depressed, lord knows my brother is depressed. And so is everyone else alive."

"Even you. Don't tell me you aren't talking some sort of anti-depressant because you are. Almost everyone is."

I felt the anger rising in my veins and didn't even know why.

"No one is happy with their normal lives. No one. So why should I? I have zero friends, no one talks to me at school, I can't learn for sh** and I don't know what family is!"

I stood up in my chair, Tammy not saying a word.

"My family is so f***ed up I don't know whats normal anymore! So that's why I'm depressed! That's why I wish every night Tom wouldn't have saved me."

There was silence between us for a few moment. we just stared into each others eyes in complete silence. Pretty soon I couldn't take it anymore and let out a groan.

Huffing, I made my way over to the door and yanked it open. I was about to leave, but ran into a hard figure. I stumbled back but caught myself.

I looked up and saw Tammy's son standing in the doorway .

Keeping a straight face, I dusted myself off and stood tall.

"If you would excuse me, I was trying to make a dramatic exit." I stated boldly. A smirk broke out on Riley's face and a light chuckle left his lips.

God, he has a great laugh.

Focus Violet. Your in the middle of something.

"Please." he said moving aside. I gave him a small nod before storming off down the hall.

* Riley Bennett *

Wow that was hot.

I did know that girl. Violet something. She's the girl at school who tried to kill herself. It was all over the news.

Dang, I didn't know she came to see my mom.

Pushing that thought aside, I entered my moms office and shut the door behind me.

"Hey mom. Ready?" I asked. She didn't answer. She was staring blankly at her other chair.

"Mom?" I repeated. This time she snapped out of it and turned to me.

"What?" she asked dumbly.

"Ready?"

Mom blinked a few times before standing and walking over to me.

"Uh yeah." she mumbled and walked out the door.

Wow, that was weird. I wonder what happened.