Like things couldn't get worse

* Riley Bennett *

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slammed my hand down against my nightstand, expecting to hit the snooze on my alarm, but only found wood.

What the-

Slowly I opened my eyes, the light at first blinding me. White. All I saw was white. Turning my head I saw machines. I only recognized one as a heart monitor.

Wait. Heart monitor?

I sat straight up in my bed and snapped my head around.

This isn't my room.

I saw people walking by through the small window by the door. They were all dressed in scrubs and looking at a clipboard.

Am I in the hospital?

Then it all came back to me. Violet in the hospital. Me rushing to see her. Blinding lights from the left.

I had gotten hit by a car.

"Uuuhhh!" I let out a loud groan at the pain in my head. This was all too much to take in at once.

Searching the room again I looked for a sign mom had been here to visit me. Nothing. Did she not know? Reaching over to the bed side table, for my phone, I felt my hand find something else.

Paper.

It was a piece of folded up paper. I wonder who had left it there? I should probably call mom first.

But then again.

Curiosity got the better of me and I unfolded the paper. In shaky handwriting it read

'Ever since the beginning I have been alone. Always. A couple weeks ago I couldn't take anymore and tried to end it. Of course, like most suicides, it failed. After that I went to a counsler. I didn't like her. she was to........delusional in a way. But when I found out her son was the one and only playboy, everything changed. I still cant tell why but, I fell for him. Hard and fast. It was as if one minute we were completely oblivious to another, then my whole world was him. Or at least I thought it was. I lost my only reason to live. It was as if god was playing with me. Like a toy is some stupid game. Giving me happiness only to wrench it away and leave me in despair. I'm not going to let that happen again. I know I told myself I would never hurt you, but now I guess I cant. Because you don't love me anymore. If you ever did.

---------

This was Violet's suicide note. Who had left it? Glancing down I saw another paragraph but on a different color ink.

Riley, I want you to know I didn't kiss James. He kissed me. I never meant to hurt you but when I tried to explain you wouldn't listen. I've never been one to fight for something I wanted but I tried fighting for you. And when you rejected me, it hurt. More than anything in my life. So if you still don't forgive me I want you to know I really like you. Who am I kidding. I love you.

Get well soon.

Love, Violet.

Oh shit! What did I do?

* Violet Blake *

Mom took me home the next day. Although she tried to get me to talk, all I could do was think of Riley. I missed his so much. Everything reminded me of him. I knew if he woke up and read my letter he would know I loved him.

But would that change anything?

He was so angry when James kissed me, would he ever forgive me?