Can't get you out of my head

* Riley Bennett *

I have been thinking about that girl all day. I hadn't really noticed her until yesterday. Yes it was hard to not notice someone who's all over the news but it don't usually take notice in things that don't interest me.

And until now she didn't interest me.

"Yo man, I thinks she's the one." My friend, Trent, examined. Garret scoffed at him.

"Yeah, the one....you take to the nursing home." He smirked. I chuckled lightly at my friends banter.

"Not cool man!" Trent stated loudly, drawing some attention from people at tables nearby.

"No, what's not cool is you dating someone 20 years older than you! Your seventeen! Why would you want to date a thirty seven year old? She could be your mother!" I cut in. Trent shot me a glance.

"Have you seen Brooke? She's smokin, plus she knows a lot of stuff in bed." Trent hinted. I roll my eyes at him. Still, twenty years. That's a big gap.

I wonder how old that girl is? She's a sophomore so I'm guessing fifteen or sixteen. That's an acceptable gap. Not twenty.

"Dude, you had a chance at Tiffany Hunter and you chose Grandma. Tiffany is know for a few tricks too and you could take her home to your parents." Garret said. That's the funny thing about Trent. He's been dating, what was it Sheila, for two years and haven't taken her home to the family. Their starting to think he's gay.

Believe me, Garret is one of my best pals but he's a little.....off. I mean sure I go through girls like wildfire but he's dating some who under the right circumstances, could be his mother. That's just wrong.

Maybe Demmi Moore and Ashton Cutcher could do it but I don't think Garret's cut out for that life.

"Why do you guys give me so much shit? You are dating a girl who could be a lesbian" Trent pointed to Garret then me.

"And you haven't had a steady girlfriend ever!"

It was true. Whats the point in having a steady relationship if you know you aren't going to fall in love with them.

"Yeah well-" I stopped dead when I saw something behind Trent.

It was that girl. Violet. She had her hair in a pony tail which fell into brown curls. I could see her pail skin and her whole face. Usually she has her hair in her face and you can even see her but now. I can tell how pretty she is.

"Riley?" A voice asked. I snapped out of my trance and came back to reality.

"Huh?"

"You just blanked out man." Garret said.

"Yeah man what were you looking at?"

They both turned around and saw Violet. When they turned back around they were smirking.

"Are you banging the Crazy Chick?" Garret asked, his smirk so big it covered half his face. My mouth fell agap but no words came out.

Me? and her? No way! I wouldn't......

I trailed off yet again when I caught a glimpse of Violet. She was talking to someone. Diana. The most popular girl in school.

What were they talking about?

* Violet Blake *

"I saw you on the news last night. What was it? Were you a wimp and didn't take enough pills?" Diana smirked. I felt my heart clench. That wasn't it at all.

When I didn't talk Diana continued.

"You know I always knew you were crazy. Ever since I caught you cutting yourself in the girls bathroom." She snarked.

It's not what it sounds like. I was getting a splinter out. The nurse gave me the knife. She didn't have a tweezers so she sent my to the bathroom to do it. Then Diana walked in. I made the mistake of not going into a stall.

I couldn't take it. Her evil smirk, her intimidating glare.

I had to get out of here.

* Riley Bennett *

I watched Violet run out of the cafeteria. What had Diana said to her? Knowing Diana it was probably something mean.

Oh no, this is not good.

Ignore the questions of my friends and glares of the others students I ran out of the lunch hall and towards where Violet ran. I didn't know why I was going to her or what I would say when I found her. Just something told me to go after her.

I ran down the empty hall Violet had vanished in and saw nothing.

Where had she gone? She couldn't have just vanished.

Then I heard it.

A whimper.

It was coming from a classroom. I looked into the small window and saw her. She was sitting in a chair. Crying.

I was never good with crying girls. Never knew what to say, never knew what to do. I would always just make it worse.

So I walked away.