17

The next morning, Esther had to come in and pry Avi off you because you were nauseous and he wouldn't let go in his sleep.

As you rushed off the to bathroom, Avi's parents were standing with you for moral support as you threw up.

Meanwhile, Esther slapped Avi's chest, waking him up.

"Wha- where's ____?"

"Barfing."

He bolted up and out of the room, running into the bathroom, pushing past his parents, sitting right next to you.

Avi rubbed your back carefully, pulling your hair back.

"It's okay, love," he whispered in your ear as you finished.

Flushing the toilet, your body was shaking a bit.

Avi pulled you into his lap, stroking your hair sweetly.

His parents watched as he slowly calmed your body, it was no longer shaking.

Eventually you stood up, pulling Avi with you.

You then brushed your teeth, walking out into their living room.

Everyone followed, Avi sitting next you and wrapping his arms around you.

They sat on the other couch.

"Are you okay?" Shelly asked.

You nodded, "Yeah, I think so."

Avi smiled, resting a hand on your stomach, "I'm so proud of you."

You smiled back, kissing his furry jaw.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked suddenly, loudly enough so that everyone could hear.

You nodded, "How could I not?"

At that, he stood up, pulling you into the middle of the room.

"I love you so much. When you came into my life, I never knew how much you would affect me. You quickly became one of my best friends, eventually earning the title of my best friend. When we eventually made love for the first time, I knew you were the one."

He got down on one knee, pulling something out of his back pocket