Not That Kind of Change Chapter 1

Chapter 1

                                                Casey

            I woke up and I knew it was going to be an amazing day. I never knew anything could feel so amazing. Today was going to be the best day in the world I could just feel it. Today was September 4th, also known and my 1 year anniversary with Nick Bowman my boyfriend. He and I were going to spend the whole day and night together. I was so excited and we had been planning this day forever. We were going to go to lunch and then go back to his house and just be with each other for the rest of the night, holding each other and watch movies. Nothing could get in our way of being so happy right now.

          I had just gathered my things up when I heard a beep outside my house. My heart started pounding, I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning I was so excited.

          “Good morning!” I got in the car and kissed Nick.

“Well, good morning beautiful.” Nick said kissing me back and then pulling away from my house, “how are you this morning?”

          “I am amazing.”

“Me too, today is going to be just about you and I. Nothing is going to get between us today.”

          I was happy to hear him say that and even more thrilled today was today. Nothing could possibly ruin my mood. We drove across town to our favorite restaurant, Bonnie’s Lunch, and it had just hit 11:00 a.m. We walked into Bonnie’s and sat at a booth, Bonnie’s daughter Katrina came and took our order and we waited.

          “So, we have tonight all set, my mom and dad is going to be in their room downstairs, and Emily is going to be at her friends Sarah’s for the night. We have the whole upstairs to ourselves.” Nick said grabbing my hands and holding them.

          “Cool, it will be nice and quiet.”

          Our lunch came and we just conversed and had a great time. I felt as if I had never been this happy before. Nothing could have been better. After we ate we both shared a smoothie, yes I know old fashioned. Then we went back to Nick’s house and went upstairs to his room.

          “So, what do you want to do?” Nick said plopping on his bed.

“Anything, what do you want to do?” I said lying next to him.

“Well, it is almost 2:00, so maybe we could just sit for a little while and watch some TV then, at 6 we can eat dinner and then watch a movie for the rest of the night and just lay here. How does that sound?” He said propping himself up against his wall.

“That sounds perfect.” I said propping myself up next to him.

“Good.” He cupped his hands around my cheek and kissed me.

We watched TV for a while and just hung out. At 6 we were called down to dinner. After we ate we returned to his room.

          “I am stuffed, what about you?”

          “Yes, I am too.”

          We sat down on the bed and it was now almost 7:30. We sort of just stared at each other for a few minutes, and then turned back to the television. It was now almost 9p.m. we had just heard his parents say goodnight a few minutes ago. I had in the meantime gotten closer to him and he set his arm around me, cradling me. My hands lied on my leg and he slide his fingers into mine, holding me, I felt very close to him. Closer to him than I ever have. It felt almost passionate. I felt love, true love.