Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

I got up out of bed and smiled, it was Monday and I was finally returning to school, I turned and saw Nick still sleeping.

“Get up lazy bones we have to leave in 45 minutes and neither of us have showered yet.”

He opened his eyes and smiled, “Maybe we should just take one together.” He winked.

“Hahaha, you just did that on purpose.”

“Maybe.” He winked again and stood up and started walking towards the bathroom.

“Wait, wait, wait, I thought we were taking one together?” I smiled. He motioned me to come on and I did.

“Are you sure you want to? I could just shorten my shower.”

“Well we had sex before, it isn’t anything new.”

“Except your large belly.” He joked. We just took the shower anyway.

I was so excited to walk into school and see all my teachers, I missed them honestly. I walked into Chemistry and smiled.

“Good morning Casey, it’s so nice to have you back!” She came over and gave me the best hug she could considering both of our bellies were in the way.

“Oh it is, it’s so nice to be back, I hated being cooped up in the hospital forever. How are you doing?”

“Oh I am doing well, yourself? Are you all healed?”

“Yeah, I am just thankful Meredith is gone, and hopefully won’t return. I don’t think I could handle another hospital visit.”

“It was so not right to do that to you though. Especially being pregnant.”

“I know but it is just like her to do something like that. She has pushed me around for years and kicked me while I’m down. However, I am just glad that the baby is okay. I really can’t wait to see his or her face.”

“I know the feeling, when I was first pregnant with Brian I was so excited to see his face. It was like a miracle when I got to. The greatest feeling in the world I think. However when you have your first baby the minute it is born your whole world changes. It is a great but in some cases not so great of a feeling, it all depends on how you look at life.” That mini lecture really gave me a lot to think about. I was scared but excited all at once. At one point I began regretting to decide to go through with this, but on the other side I was so happy.

“Yeah, I can see that.” I smiled, but I was slightly sad. I had been awful moody lately but it is just hormones, but I was okay, I knew it, I know I made a good decision.

When class started I really did feel good to be back, but one thing just occurred to me, the one reason I didn’t want to come back, the rumors. I heard the girls behind me giggling again and making up lies about where I had been, “I heard her mother came and beat the crap out of her and tried killing her.”, “I heard that the baby is now mentally messed up.” All those non true statements ran through my head, and I was getting seriously aggravated.

It only took one more statement for me to go absolutely ballistic, “That baby is going to be so screwed up, I mean look at the parents.”

I stood up in fury and turned around, “Can you just shut your mouth already! I am so sick and tired of listening to your mouths run and run and run with all the lies and rumors and nasty opinions that just spill out of your mouths!”

“Oh look the skank speaks.” The one girl stood.

“Please do call me a damn skank, okay, just because I am pregnant doesn’t mean a damn thing.  I am perfectly happy having this baby because it is my responsibility now even though it was on accident, but I am so thrilled that it did happen. I honestly do not care what names you call me, but when you offend my baby, that is when I draw the line!” I was totally furious.