Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

            “Will Casey Nelson please come to the stand?” The judge asked, as I stood Mrs. Lawson patted my back and I walked over to the stand.

            “Miss. Nelson would you care to plead your case by answering a few questions?” Said the judge after giving me the whole, do you promise to give the truth and nothing but the truth, speech.

            “Yes your honor.” I returned with.

            “Miss. Nelson, has this woman, your mother, ever physically hit you or hurt you in anyway?”

            “Yes, my attorney has my hospital files, my most recent was 3 days ago when she proceeded to come to the residence  was staying at, forcing me to come with her, threw me in a room and I was there until morning.” I gave a quick example.

            “Why weren’t the police notified?”

            “They were a few days ago, she had threatened the lives of me, Theresa Bowman, and my child.” I said, I thought about Kaylie now and how I missed her so much.

            “Yes, that is noted in my documents. Thank you Miss. Nelson that is all I need, will Mrs. Anders step to the stand please.” Mrs. Anders, that’s gross.

            “Mrs. Anders, why did you threaten the life of your daughter?”

            “I didn’t, I didn’t do any of that, she ran away from home.” Liar, I thought.

            “Mrs. Anders are you implying she ran away to her fathers, and then appeared in court randomly today after her teacher from here had filed a police report on you?”

            “Yes, she did.” How is that even logically correct?”

            “Mrs. Anders, how is that possible, if almost a year ago Miss. Casey ran away from home to her fathers in New York, how did she get pregnant with a boy here, and go to school here?”

            “She must’ve done it somehow, I don’t know I had no idea where she was.”

            “Mrs. Anders, the boyfriend lives across the street from your household.”

            “I didn’t know this.” She is such a liar!

            “That is a big load of crap!” I looked behind me and saw Nick in the door way, “She knew I lived there, and she knew Casey stayed there! She threatened to kill her I was there! She has beaten her and tortured Casey for years!!!”

            “Excuse me? Who are you?”

            “Nick Bowman, the boyfriend and father of the baby, also my apologies your honor.”

            “Mrs. Anders, is what Mr. Bowman saying correct?”

            “No, I don’t even know him!” She lied again.

            “That is such a load of crap! You know it is true, you took me from his house 3 days ago and shoved me into my old room, and said if anyone called the cops I will kill you,” I stood.

            I could tell Meredith was getting frustrated, “You little bitch, I never laid a finger on you, ever!” She stood.

            “Yes you did Meredith!” My father stood.