Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

I woke up this morning and thought, ‘oh my god, I am on my 13 week. The 2nd trimester….wow’ when I sat up Nick was already in the shower, I slept in my bra and shorts last night I was very hot. I stood and looked into Nick’s body mirror and I had a very small bump starting to show. It looks almost as if I am highly bloated, even though this bump is a couple centimeters off my normal size. I stood there staring at it, “Case? What are you doing?" Nick interrupted.

“Look at my fat self.” I said.

“You are not fat, you are beautiful and carrying my beautiful boy or girl.” He smiled and walked over to me and kissed me holding my stomach. I smiled in the middle of the kiss, “Thank you.” I released. It was Monday morning and when Nick and I stepped outside it was so cold I shivered the whole way to school. When we were almost there small snowflakes coming down on the windshield. I smiled and looked at Nick, “First snowfall of the season!” When we got to school and stepped out I was freezing again, Nick held his arms behind me and walked me, we passed by Mrs. Lawson and she said good morning. As Nick walked me through the halls to Chemistry I got so many stares. I tried so hard not to show my mini bump by wearing a loose shirt but I guess it didn’t work.

“Just ignore them.” Nick whispered in my ear. I nodded. When we got outside of Chemistry he kissed me and said he had to get to class. I walked in to Chemistry and went to go sit down. When I looked up I wondered how come Mrs. Jones hadn’t said good morning. There was someone else there, “Good Morning, please come and sign in for attendance.” I stood up and walked to the front counter.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Mrs. Nora White I am subbing in for the teacher Mrs. Jones, she had some type of appointment this morning she maybe back before the end of the period. I nodded and the whole time from when I walked in to when I returned to my seat I saw and felt the substitute stare at my stomach, however I didn’t care.

It was only 10 minutes before the end of the period when Mrs. Jones walked in. I looked at her and she got what I was trying to say, she stuck a post-it on my desk saying, ‘talk to me after class’ I nodded at her. The bell sounded and I walked up to her desk, “Where were you?”

“A doctors’ appointment, and I got some news I was not prepared to hear, but now that I think about it, I am SO excited!” she smiled so widely.

“What?”

“I’m pregnant!” My mouth dropped open.

“Congrats! When is your due date?”

“May 31st, I guess I was quite far along and didn’t realize it.”

“Whoa, mine is just a week before that.” It seemed scary to think that is only a few months away. “Whoa.” It slipped out.

“What’s wrong?”

“That is 6 months away.”

“Yeah, I know. Don’t be scared Casey, it is all going to be okay.”

I nodded sadly. I got so many stares all day, with small rumors and giggles. By the time I went home I was so annoyed with all of it I wanted to sleep all day long, all the way up until I had this baby.

“Hey Case, are you okay?” I sat down on the bed.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just thinking is all.”

“What about?” he sat next to me.

“Well in 5 weeks we can find out if it is a boy or girl, and in 6 months we will have a baby.”

“I know, but we can do it.” He smiled at me and kissed me.