Chapter 3

Chapter 3

          It was at the end of English when 11 o’clock hit, I was just waiting for Theresa now. I decided I was going to come back after the appointment depending on the time. About 15 minutes before the bell was going to ring the phone in the class rang and I was sent down to the office to meet Theresa.

          “Are you ready to go?”

          I nodded and we left. When we got to the doctor’s office I tensed a little, I wasn’t quite sure that I was going to hear today. I tried to relax and breathe.

          “Don’t worry Casey, everything is going to be fine, it’s just a check in.”

          I still couldn’t relax, I was terrified. What if something is wrong, or they judge me because I am so young? What am I supposed to do?

          We walked into the doctor’s office, I was totally blind sided when it was actually a clinic, not a real doctor’s office. We waited in the waiting room patiently and Theresa filled out a form for me, I had to fill in the parts she didn’t know. I was getting more anxious each minute we had to wait. I got even more agitated when the nurses kept calling in every person in the waiting room, I was clearly the last. Then someone walked in, I felt like I knew them or recognized them maybe she went to my school or something. I tried thinking harder, she got a form too and sat down diagonally from me. I wasn’t trying to stare at her but I couldn’t get a name into my head. Umm, it started with a B I think or maybe a D? AMY! Amy Hudson! Amy was my neighbor for years, she lives across the street from me know obviously, she does go to my school, she’s a Sophomore like me, that’s right she’s in my French and P.E class. What was she doing her-Pregnant!! I wasn’t the only one!!! Wow, that’s crazy, I was just about to get up and go talk to her but my name was called for me to come in.

          “Want me to come with you?” Theresa asked.

          “Please.” I didn’t want to go alone I was so afraid of what was going to happen today, I would want someone who has been through it. The doctor asked a bunch of questions like when we had sex and when I took the test, how long I thought I was, which I believe I was 6 weeks. We tested to make sure I was actually pregnant, unfortunately, I was. Finally we did and ultrasound, it felt weird, I knew I wasn’t going to really be able to see anything. When we finished I was given prenatal vitamins and we left.

          Most of the car ride was silent, Theresa finally said something, “Are you okay?

          I nodded. I didn’t feel like talking about what I felt like. I felt like crap because the thought of bringing a human into this world and knowing I wasn’t going to be able to care for it fully like a ‘real’ mother. Maybe adoption wasn’t the worst idea, I could give this baby to someone who could really care for and love it. Of Course I will always love it, but adoption could be an option.

          It was only noon so I went back to school, lunch almost ended. Next was choir so I just went there about 5 minutes before the bell rang.

          “Hi Mrs. Rays, I just came back from a doctor’s appointment, so no reason to go to lunch right?”

          “That’s fine, is everything alright?”

          “Uh, yeah everything is fine.” I just sat in my row, which was in the second row all the way at the end to the right, I was a high soprano.

          “Really, I mean is everything okay with you, at home, anything? You have been really…odd lately.”

          “Yeah I am fine…” I dragged off, why was it at that moment everything going on just hit me, now I felt pregnant. I knew now what was going to happen. I was in shock, “whoa.” I said holding my stomach, crap, I said ‘whoa’ out loud.